cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sy8111
Level: Powered On

Why is this formula causing delegation warning?

My app has a gallery for Transactions sharepoint list. My sharepoint has another list called Logs which has lookup column linking to Transactions.ID column. The lookup column is automatically indexed already.

In my gallery for Logs, I have formula for "Items" field below:

If(!IsBlank(GalleryTransactions.Selected), Filter('Transaction Log', 'Transaction ID'.Id=GalleryTransactions.Selected.ID), Blank())

It gives warning on the 'Transaction ID'.Id=GalleryTransactions.Selected.ID part in the Filter function. However, as I can see, the 'Transaction ID'.Id column of 'Transaction Log' is already indexed, so why is the warning?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sy8111

Re: Why is this formula causing delegation warning?

I eventually find a best answer from this question: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps-Formerly/Delegation-warning-on-SharePoint-li...

I changed my formula to below and works.

If(!IsBlank(GalleryTransactions.Selected), Filter('Transaction Log', Text(GalleryTransactions.Selected.ID)='Transaction ID'.Value), Blank())

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hey @sy8111 

Can you try to update the expression as:

If(!IsBlank(GalleryTransactions.Selected), Filter(AddColumns('Transaction Log',"CustomCol", 'Transaction ID'.Id), CustomCol =GalleryTransactions.Selected.ID), Blank())

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Super User
Super User

@sy8111 

Quick question for you.  Why did you make reference to 'Transaction ID'.Id here instead of just Id?  Due to it your search criteria appear not to evaluate anything in 'Transaction Log' at all.

Filter('Transaction Log', 'Transaction ID'.Id=GalleryTransactions.Selected.ID)

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

sy8111

@mdevaney because I think 'Transaction ID'.Id is the ID value of the lookup column 'Transaction ID', and Id is the 'Transaction Log''s own Id column which is not the lookup column ?

sy8111

@yashag2255 It works without warning. Can you explain why AddColumns is needed? It makes me feel uncomfortable.

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hey @sy8111 

In case of the lookup columns, there might be a delegation issue, we have used AddColumns to add a new column to the existing items which stores this id as a text and that can be compared directly.

For more info on AddColumns function and it usage, please refer: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/function-table-shaping 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

sy8111

I eventually find a best answer from this question: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps-Formerly/Delegation-warning-on-SharePoint-li...

I changed my formula to below and works.

If(!IsBlank(GalleryTransactions.Selected), Filter('Transaction Log', Text(GalleryTransactions.Selected.ID)='Transaction ID'.Value), Blank())

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,416)