Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Why my app shows as left aligned?

Dear Experts,

I want to say that I am done with my app. I want to thank everyone who helped me and shaped me to achieve this. This means a lot to me. I will thank to every person from their name when I find a solution for this issue. 

My concern is,  the app shows as left aligned when I open the app from the sharing link as follows, 

As you can see from below image there are space in the right side. I want it to have center align. Can I do that?

Capture.PNG 

Osmand

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Why my app shows as left aligned?

@OsmandFernando 

It appears others users were having the same issue as you.  Check out this post for some ideas on how to fix the problem.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps-Formerly/Why-Canvas-App-Open-on-the-Left-Sid...

Also, another handy tip for you: if you want to hide the purple navbar put add this to the end of your app play URL in the webbrowser.

&hidenavbar=true

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Check the X property of gallery, form, or controls that are placed directly on the screens in your app.  The X, Y coordinates set the upper left corner of the controls in reference to the screen or the container, like a gallery or form, they are in.  By setting those values using a formula you can center the app.  For example, if you want to center the header label you would set X = to (screenname.width-labelname.width)/2.  That would take half the whitespace on the screen and place it to the left of the label.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@OsmandFernando 

It appears others users were having the same issue as you.  Check out this post for some ideas on how to fix the problem.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps-Formerly/Why-Canvas-App-Open-on-the-Left-Sid...

Also, another handy tip for you: if you want to hide the purple navbar put add this to the end of your app play URL in the webbrowser.

&hidenavbar=true

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

The reason was the advance settings "Optimize embedding appearance"

@mdevaney @Pstork1 @PowerAddict @yashag2255 @v-yutliu-msft @v-xida-msft @SKH19 @iAm_ManCat @timl @v-alzhan-msft 

@Gristy @efialttes @Jay-Encodian @v-bacao-msft @Gareth1 @Krishna92 @RobElliott @v-monli-msft @v-siky-msft @v-litu-msft 

A big thank to all of you for supporting me and enhancing me.  if I missed any name above for them also Thank you so much. 

I have done my 1st app using powerapps. 

Osmand

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Well done on creating your first app @OsmandFernando! I'm really delighted for you. It's wonderful to see all the help that you've received from the community. Big kudos to everyone here!

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,662)