cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
charlotte
Level: Powered On

Why settings are different between Create an app and Customize forms on PowerApps?

Hello,

I do not think this one is a bug, but I wonder why I am not able to use 'scale to fit it' when I start PowerApps from 'Customize forms' on SharePoint List like below.

powerapps.PNG

customize.PNG

I have found the menu 'Scale to fit it' when I start PowerApps from 'Create an app' on SharePoint list.

However, I can not see the men when I start PowerApps from 'Customize forms' on SharePoint list as below.

createan.PNG

Do you know the reason why?

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Why settings are different between Create an app and Customize forms on PowerApps?

Hi @charlotte ,

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I think you have some misunderstanding on canvas app and Custom form app.

Actually, the app created from "Create an app" option and "Customize forms" option have different app type. The app created from "Create an app" option is a standard alone canvas app, but the app created from "Customize forms" option is a SharePoint Form App.

You could go to your PowerApps Admin Center, then switch to your current PowerApps Environment, and click the Resources tab, then you could see all app resources there:

1.JPG

Currently, within "Custom form" app, the "Scale to fit" option is not available. If you would like this feature to be added in PowerApps, please consider submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
charlotte

Re: Why settings are different between Create an app and Customize forms on PowerApps?

Hi

Thank you for your reply.

I tried to  switch to the current PowerApps Environment to "Create an app" from 'Customize forms', but I wasn't able to do it as you can see the below there is no any value I can switch in the current environments of Admin Center. Please could you let me know what I have to take another action to switch the options.

PowerAppsAdminCntr.PNG

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @charlotte ,

Do you want to create a standalone canvas app based on your SP List?

Do you want to switch your PowerApps Environment?

If you want to switch your PowerApps Environment, please go to your PowerApps Web Portal, then click "Environment" switch option as below:

2.JPG

More details about generating an app based on SP list, please refer to the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/app-from-sharepoint

Please consider go to the Power Platform Admin Center to preview your available PowerApps Environment:

https://admin.powerplatform.microsoft.com/ 

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
charlotte

Hi,

Thank you for you response.

Fundamentally, I would like to switch 'Scale to fit' the canvas app based on SP List as the canvas app does not show whole items on Mobile app.

Therefore, it does not matter if I would like to switch PowerApps Environment or switch to 'Scale to fit'.

However, I do not expect to create a standalone canvas app based on SP List all over again.

The reason above, I chose to switch PowerApps Environment, but I am afraid that I still cannot switch the environment.

As you mentioned, I went to PowerApps web portal as below, but I cannot switch  on it.

I click on the 'Environment' on the right top, but it does not happen anything.

environmentPowerApps.PNG

Could you tell me what is wrong?

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,600)