cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JeffRidesBikes
Level: Power Up

Will PowerApps be around for the next 5-6 years?

I created two PowerApps about a year ago to POC the platform.  The apps allow our ERP application admins and BAs to perform a variety of admin tasks, like calling SQL stored procs that change settings, kicking off automations, inserting SQL records, etc.  The apps work well, and have been a big hit. 

I'm about to develop another PowerApp, that bridges a functionality gap in a new cloud app we're implementing, but this time, the app will be deployed to about a hundred users (versus a small handful), and will be somewhat mission critical (versus the 'nice to have but not critical' nature of the old apps). 

So, before I set out... 

• Is the PowerApps platform here to stay, at least for the next 5-6 years?  Can it be counted on?
  • Do I need to consider anything regarding platform stability (i.e., will future backend updates break my apps, how often are updates made, and should I test my apps regularly after changes are deployed, etc.)?
  • Is it weird if the majority of my users will be using the PowerApp in IE or Chrome on their desktops, and not a mobile device?  (I don't know why, but it feels a bit weird to me)
1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Will PowerApps be around for the next 5-6 years?

Hi @JeffRidesBikes,

I believe the blog below would be much helpful for you to make a decision:

Accelerating digital transformation with the spring 2018 release for Dynamics 365 and Business Appli...

For platform stability. I think it is better to check the App status every month, as currently PowerApps would release new features every month, and improve the function/performance based on user feedbacks.

There are Mobile Apps available for PowerApps.

Besides, the created App is also available under the Dynamics 365 Mobile App portal.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,440)