cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SCabrera98
Frequent Visitor

Will the Apps we created before October, but didn't have connections to Azure, will be able to use connections to Azure after January?

Exactly the title, we had some Apps created before October (license change) but they don't have any existing connections to Azure, will we be able to make connections to Azure following January? TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
timl
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @SCabrera98 

I'm guessing that you're currently accessing PowerApps through a seeded Office 365 license. If that's the case, the licensing FAQ suggests that it's possible to create new apps with premium connectors until Oct 1st 2020, and that any existing apps are exempt from the new license rules until Oct 2024.

--------

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/powerapps-flow-licensing-faq 

How does the change to Power Apps and Power Automate use rights for Office 365 applications affect me if I purchased the subscriptions prior to Oct 1st 2019? Will my existing Power Apps applications and Power Automate workflows continue to work?

Yes, existing apps and flows will continue to work. Customers who have been using Power Apps or Power Automate with Office 365 using one or more of the connectors listed above will receive a transition period before the connector reclassification goes into effect. This transition period would be until October 1, 2020 or the expiration of their current Office 365 subscription term, whichever is longer. During the transition period customers can continue to create additional apps and flows using these connectors.

In addition, apps and flows created prior to October 1, 2019 which are using these connectors will receive an extended transition period until October 1, 2024. During this time, these qualifying apps and flows will be exempt from the Premium connector licensing requirements for the reclassified connectors.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
timl
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @SCabrera98 

I'm guessing that you're currently accessing PowerApps through a seeded Office 365 license. If that's the case, the licensing FAQ suggests that it's possible to create new apps with premium connectors until Oct 1st 2020, and that any existing apps are exempt from the new license rules until Oct 2024.

--------

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/powerapps-flow-licensing-faq 

How does the change to Power Apps and Power Automate use rights for Office 365 applications affect me if I purchased the subscriptions prior to Oct 1st 2019? Will my existing Power Apps applications and Power Automate workflows continue to work?

Yes, existing apps and flows will continue to work. Customers who have been using Power Apps or Power Automate with Office 365 using one or more of the connectors listed above will receive a transition period before the connector reclassification goes into effect. This transition period would be until October 1, 2020 or the expiration of their current Office 365 subscription term, whichever is longer. During the transition period customers can continue to create additional apps and flows using these connectors.

In addition, apps and flows created prior to October 1, 2019 which are using these connectors will receive an extended transition period until October 1, 2024. During this time, these qualifying apps and flows will be exempt from the Premium connector licensing requirements for the reclassified connectors.

View solution in original post

v-siky-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SCabrera98 ,

Yes, you can continue to use these connectors converted to premium in these apps created before Oct 1st 2019, until October 1, 2020 or the expiration of their current Office 365 subscription term, whichever is longer. 

Reference: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/powerapps-flow-licensing-faq#how-does-the-chan... 

Sik

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call? Check out the recording here!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (17,163)