cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
QuinceKa
Frequent Visitor

Workarround Show Image in Gallery Delegation

Hi! 

We have a PowerApp where we use a gallery with data from a Dataverse table. In this Gallery we try to show an image stored in sharepoint if the Name of the image is in the name of the dataverse item -> LookUp(Documents,ThisItem.new_site in Name, Thumbnail.Large)

This was perfectly working with a small dataset but now we are running into a delegation issue and do not know how to solute this problem. 

Any help would be highly apprechiated. 

Cheers, Quince

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BCBuizer
Super User
Super User

Hi @QuinceKa ,

In that case StartsWith() may help as it is delegable for SharePoint:

LookUp(Documents, StartsWith(Name, ThisItem.new_site), Thumbnail.Large)

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/sharepointonline/#power-apps-delegable-functions-and-ope...

Did you like my post? Please give it a thumbs up! Did I resolve your issue? Please click Accept as Solution to close the topic and so other members of the community can find solution more easily.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
BCBuizer
Super User
Super User

Hi @QuinceKa ,

The "in" operator in your statement is causing the delegation issue. Is is possible to replace this with "="?

LookUp(Documents,ThisItem.new_site = Name, Thumbnail.Large)
Did you like my post? Please give it a thumbs up! Did I resolve your issue? Please click Accept as Solution to close the topic and so other members of the community can find solution more easily.
QuinceKa
Frequent Visitor

Hi BC,

thanks for the quick reply.

Name is not delegable to Sharepoint, neither...

BCBuizer
Super User
Super User

Hi @QuinceKa ,

What are the datatypes of Name and new_site?

QuinceKa
Frequent Visitor

HI @BCBuizer , 
Sorry for the late reply, been on vacation for a week. 

Datatypes are Single line of text. 

BCBuizer
Super User
Super User

Hi @QuinceKa ,

In that case StartsWith() may help as it is delegable for SharePoint:

LookUp(Documents, StartsWith(Name, ThisItem.new_site), Thumbnail.Large)

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/sharepointonline/#power-apps-delegable-functions-and-ope...

QuinceKa
Frequent Visitor

@BCBuizer Thx a lot for the help. Really appreciated! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (6,804)