cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hernandez5586
Level: Power Up

Workflow Condition not working

Condition issue.JPGI made this workflow to send an email to a specific person when a new item is created in sharepoint. The workflow will send the email to a specific person depending on what "Delivery Center" value is selected in the form.  The workflow is not working and I cant figure out why.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Workflow Condition not working

HI @hernandez5586 ,

Yeah, please remove the "PowerApps" button trigger from your flow, insetad, use the "When an item is created" trigger as the Trigger of your flow.

Could you please share a bit more about the "Compan..." dynamic content you typed within your "Condition" action? Is it a Choice type column in your SP list?

I assueme that the "Compan..." dynamic content represents a Choice type column in your SP list, which used to store the "Delivery Center" value, is it true? Do you want to check if the "Delivery Center" value of the new added record exists within the available options --  (Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus etc).

I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following flow's configuration:2.JPG

3.JPG

Firstly, within your flow, you need to initialize an array variable (DeliveryCenterArray). Within the "Initialzie variable" action, Value field set to following:

[
  "Cincinnati",
  "Cleveland",
  "Columbus",
  "Asia"
]

On your side, you should type (type your all available "Delivery Center" values here😞

[
  "Cincinnati",
  "Cleveland",
  "Columbus",
  "Asia",
"xxxx",
"xxxx",
]

Within the Condition, left input field set to following formula (as above screenshot):

variables('DeliveryCenterArray')

right input field set to your Compan... dynamic content (Choice type column) from the trigger. Middle condition operator field set to contains.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
stormea
Level 8

It looks like you are using the wrong trigger, Is the issue that the workflow isn't running at all or that the condition is failing?

In your screenshot you have a PowerApps - Trigger followed by a SharePoint - Items Created trigger. If the flow isn't running at all, then that is because it it waiting to be called from a PowerApp instead of running when the SharePoint item is created. I'd recommend deleting the PowerApps trigger and just using the Item Created one on top. If it still does not run you may need to re-create the app and start with the SharePoint trigger first.

Super User
Super User

@hernandez5586  For future reference, you will get quicker responses by posting future Flow questions to the Flow Community, rather than the PowerApps Community.  
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Flow-Community/ct-p/FlowCommunity

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @hernandez5586 ,

Do you want to fire a flow from an app? Do you want to pass parameter values from your app to your flow?

Could you please share a bit more about the Dynamic contents you typed within the "Condition" action in your flow?

Firstly, if you want to send an email to a specific person when a new item is created in your SP list, I think it is not necessary to use "PowerApps" trigger button as the Trigger of your flow. You could achieve your needs using Microsoft Flow directly.

In addition, I think there is something wrong with the Dynamic contents you typed within the "Condition" action of your flow. I assume that you created a column in your SP list to store the "Delivery Center" value already, within the "Condition" action, you need to compare the corresponding column value of the new added record with a specific value rather than another dynamic content.

I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround (use MS Flow directly😞1.JPG

Please take a try with above solution, then check if the issue is solved.

If you want to fire a flow from a PowerApps app, please check and see if the following video would help in your scenario:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wl9AtxWdkg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgRNnvSwDCU

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
hernandez5586

Yes the thought is to send an email to a specific person when a certain delivery center is selected.  The list items are city names (Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus etc).  

hernandez5586

The idea is to send an email to a specific person when a certain delivery center is selected.  So i should just used the sharepoint items created trigger?.  When it runs it doesnt give an error it just stops at the Sharepoint Items created trigger.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

HI @hernandez5586 ,

Yeah, please remove the "PowerApps" button trigger from your flow, insetad, use the "When an item is created" trigger as the Trigger of your flow.

Could you please share a bit more about the "Compan..." dynamic content you typed within your "Condition" action? Is it a Choice type column in your SP list?

I assueme that the "Compan..." dynamic content represents a Choice type column in your SP list, which used to store the "Delivery Center" value, is it true? Do you want to check if the "Delivery Center" value of the new added record exists within the available options --  (Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus etc).

I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following flow's configuration:2.JPG

3.JPG

Firstly, within your flow, you need to initialize an array variable (DeliveryCenterArray). Within the "Initialzie variable" action, Value field set to following:

[
  "Cincinnati",
  "Cleveland",
  "Columbus",
  "Asia"
]

On your side, you should type (type your all available "Delivery Center" values here😞

[
  "Cincinnati",
  "Cleveland",
  "Columbus",
  "Asia",
"xxxx",
"xxxx",
]

Within the Condition, left input field set to following formula (as above screenshot):

variables('DeliveryCenterArray')

right input field set to your Compan... dynamic content (Choice type column) from the trigger. Middle condition operator field set to contains.

Best regards,

View solution in original post

hernandez5586

Yes the Type is Choice

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @hernandez5586 ,

Please take a try with above solution I provided, check if the issue is solved.

If you have solved your problem, please go ahead to click "Accept as Solution" to identify this thread has been solved.

Best regards,

hernandez5586

So i am trying to use this in a powerapp and its asking me to create a power app trigger

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,289)