cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Venkatsriram

Workflow Power Automate to Power apps

Dear All,

We are creating an automation which would receive series of images in one drive. The power automate would read through image and detect the object and create a workflow to user for verification through power apps or Teams approval. The user may not alter any automated captured information and approve as-is or may alter the information and approve. When i tried MS Teams approval. I could send only read-only texual content. I could not send any form like interface in MS teams approval flow. Am i missing anything

How do we do this with power apps or Teams.

Appreciate your help

Regards,

Venky

3 REPLIES 3
v-bofeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Venkatsriram :

Do you want to send data other than string data type to flow through powerapp?

If my understanding is correct, I am afraid this cannot be done. Because powerapp can only pass string type data to flow.

The alternative is to use JSON functions:

Step1\Convert data to string format through JOSN function in powerapp

Step2\Convert the string in flow

I think this link will help you a lot:

Passing the PowerApps Collection to MS Flow

Send a Collection from Power Apps to Flow

Sending Images from PowerApps to Microsoft Flow

Best Regards,

Bof

Hi @v-bofeng-msft ,

Thank you for assisting me. I understand on the workflow from powerapps to power Automate. But my ask is vice versa. We are building automation system which would send alerts to workers on the defects/production line issues with pictures.

So in this case we have used onedrive file creation event as trigger to initiate the process. The image is sent to object detection API to identify the object and post that data is passed to the workflow (JSON or STRING). The worker needs to verify whether the alarm is false or real based on the image. The image link from onedrive will be passed onto powerapps for visual confirmation. I am fine in any means of implementing the same,m similar to ms teams "start and wait for approval". The only difference is add a editable form for worker to keyin if required (drop-down, radio, textbox)

Thanks

Venky

Hi @Venkatsriram :

The function you said may not be realized.Because your flow is triggered by onedrive file creation event,therefore this flow cannot pass any value to powerapps(Need powerapps as a trigger,but A flow can only have one trigger).

In addition, if there are other questions about flow, I suggest you can also go to the power automate forum for help.

Best Regards,

Bof

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on June 15, 2022 at 8am PDT.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,101)