cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Working around 2000 items SharePoint PowerApps Limit

Is it possible to get around the limit by using multiple SharePoint lists of 2000 items each then reading them all into collections and then merging the collections? We need to be able to browse the data in a gallery and update values back to SharePoint. We seem to be able to get the data stored into a collection using ClearCollect(CollectionName, SPListName) but then can't browse to the item details in the gallery (the arrow button doesn't so anything)

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Working around 2000 items SharePoint PowerApps Limit

Yes there are ways to get around the 2,000 item limit by adding them to a local collection and you don't need to go to multiple lists to do it.  Having said that I highly recommend against it.  Here's why. Even using a local collection a gallery in Power Apps will only show the first 100 records until you scroll down to reach record #101.  Then it loads the second page of records and you now have to scroll down to record #201 to get the third page.  Let's say you have 4,000 records total.  That means that a user has to scroll down the list 40 times to get to the last record in the list.  No user in their right mind will do that.  There is also going to be a performance hit while you load all 4,000 of those records to a local collection.  Just don't do it.

Instead look for a way to provide your user's access to a pre-filtered list of records in the gallery and let them control the filtering.  That way they can quickly access whatever records they need and you (and they) won't have to struggle with managing a large number of records locally in a system that was never designed to work that way.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Working around 2000 items SharePoint PowerApps Limit

@Robin_thakur 

I would like to help you find some way that doesn't involve creating a collection of over 2,000 records.

Actually, the nice about a gallery is it will stream the data.  It will show as many records as the data source assuming you use only functions that can be delegated.  I will Can you please take some screenshots and explain what you want to do?

SharePoint Delegation + Functions:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/sharepoint-delegation-improvements/

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up." 

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,277)