cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Santhosh88
Regular Visitor

Working with Barcode Scanner along with Input Text control for Search

Dear Experts,

I am currently working on a Power App with Barcode Scanner.

My requirement is like below.

I have a list of rooms(Bldg, Floor, Room ( 10.1.75,   03.1.25,   20.1.77 ). All these room will have a barcode sticked on it(like 10.1.75 has a barcode of 123456 ) which is there in a Database table (ROOM_TAG_ID).  So, If i query the table for barcode "123456", will get Room "10.1.75". 

Now, this "10.1.75" has some assets, say 200123, 200124, 200125 etc.,. I need to get all these room asset details , once I scan the room barcode "123456" and  update the assessment date for these assets once each asset is scanned again.

1)On hitting the "Scan" button, it should scan the barcode and show the input value "123456" for an auto search, then it should show me the assets, say 200123, 200124, 200125 of that room.

2)Also, Without pressing the Scan button, if I input the value "123456" for manual search, it should show me the assets, say 200123, 200124, 200125 of that room.

3)I am assuming these screens... 1) Room Scan and Asset Details found, 2) Asset individual Scan, 3) Update the found Asset Details with Assessment date as sysdate .

Please help me on this.

Thank you.
Santhosh

3 REPLIES 3
Corissandageri
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

What part of this do you want help with?

Thanks for your reply. I need some inputs in two areas "Scan(auto Search)" and "Search (Text input Manual)".

So in the OnScan property of the scan button I would have something like.

Set(varRoomNum,Self.Value)

Then have a TextInput with it's Default property as BCStationNum. That way you could also manually type in the number. Then  in the OnChange property of the TextInput you could do a lookup like

LookUp(Database,yourroomnumber = TextInput.Text)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Power Apps Ideas

Changes to Ideas Coming

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,731)