cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KenH
Level: Powered On

Working with List Views & Wokflows in PowerApps

Hi all,

I have a Task List that has a few options I am not sure will translate to PowerApps.  The list currently has a workflow that once an item is marked as Completed then a new item is generated automatically and dated for the next day.  I am hoping this will work the same in PowerApps and just display the new item. 

My concern is that my users have a custom view called "My Open Tasks" that only shows them the open tasks associated with their username.  I would like to know if there is a way to allow for this view to display in PowerApps similar to how it does in the list.  This way my users can open the app and still will see only their items that are open.

Is this an option or would I be better served to just avoid the app altogether and have them keep using the SharePoint list directly?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Leo09
Level 8

Re: Working with List Views & Wokflows in PowerApps

I dont think this can be achieved so far but it is a reasonable request. Try tp post it on idea forum maybe? Or maybe someone can prove me wrong?

Pasark

Hi,

Have you looked into Microsoft Flow? For more Enterprise level flows you could use Azure Logic Apps.

The User() function gets the user's info and could be used to display a filtered view.

I believe the Service Desk sample uses this to display specific tasks.

KenH

Thanks for the feedback guys!

I'll take a look into it and see what I can figure out.  I hadn't looked into the Service Desk Template, so I'll start there.

Thanks again!

Highlighted
Blytheee

You can use a filter for this, just filter the column with their name in to User()

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,105)