Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Working with large SharePoint lists

Hi All,

I am working on expense report app, user can submit up to 50 expenses in one request. So the user uploads the expense excel which the is read and dumped in (child list)SharePoint list using power automate and now user can submit new expense request(master list) along with other fields it has gallery where we are auto populating the expenses uploaded in child list using a unique code from step 1.

So I have an expense list which has child item of expenses and I have one list which has all master item requests.

We are expecting 50 requests per day which can have up to 50 expenses per request, so 

50(everyday)x50(per request)x30(days)x12(1year) =900,000 entries in child list

I know delegate concept and I will also do indexing of columns, at any given point if any old item is viewed it would get maximum of 50 entries from child list using some unique code.

Lets consider the app should work fine for 10 years, now that becomes

900,000 x10 = 9,000,000

Do you think this is good design and would work smoothly ? We could do archiving but the data is needed for auditing and also data cannot be deleted.

No budget for CDS so it has to SharePoint.

Please guide.

@WarrenBelz  @RandyHayes @mdevaney @eka24 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@jinivthakkar 

Is this a duplicate post?  It seems like this post.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@jinivthakkar 

Is this a duplicate post?  It seems like this post.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too!

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Yes, this post was marked as spam I dont know by someone so was removed so I had to post another question.
This is answered to the other post by you only.
Thanks !

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,700)