cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AG2019
Frequent Visitor

Working with solutions broke the environment

All,

Until last week we had all our components as "single components". So just created a flow (microsoft powerautomate) or powerapp and shared it among the developers.

We decided to create a solution with all our components and added existing items. We were not 100% happy with it and removed everything from the solution again.

From that moment on we are facing issues;

1) the already created flows are not visible anymore in the app

2) if I create a new flow from the app it ends up in the solution, but when my co-worker create a flow it isn't visible for anyone. Only direct from the app

3) normally when I create a flow with startpoint "powerapp" it's visible in the app, but now it just is not visible in the apps that were added to the solution (and removed again)

At this moment all components are working, but somehow not visible via the platform as expected. Can anyone provide me a good way to solve this?

4 REPLIES 4
GarryPope
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hello @AG2019,

Sorry to hear you're having so much trouble with this.

Regarding your first question "1) the already created flows are not visible anymore in the app". May I ask, when you say you removed everything from the solution again, did you use the option "Remove from this solution" or "Delete from this environment"? See below:

Remove from environment.jpg

If you used "Remove from this solution" the Flows will still be available, and if you create another solution and then within the solution select "Add existing" and then "Flow" you'll get a popup window titled "Add existing flows" and it will have two tabs "From solutions" or "Outside solutions". Check in both tabs for your Flows.

If you used "Delete from this environment" then the Flow has been deleted.

Thanks,

Garry

AG2019
Frequent Visitor

Hi Garry,

Of course (at least for me 🙂 ) I used remove from solution. The flows created before all items were added to the solution are still available in the overview "team flows".

Somehow it looks like the app is still in a solution and the flows are not...

AG2019
Frequent Visitor

After a call with Garry we found out where the flows went, and somehow MS try to put them in any solution and starts with the "Common Data Services Default Solution" and when I remove the flows from there they automatically move to the "Default solution".

Strange behaviour from the platform....

GarryPope
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hello @AG2019,

I hope you're well.

Yes, I agree, strange behaviour. I've been trying to reproduce it to make either a Flow or App appear in the "Common Data Services Default Solution".  

If I create a Flow or App outside of a solution it doesn't show in the "Common Data Services Default Solution".

If I create a Flow or App inside a solution or add it to a solution then the Flow or App shows in my custom solution and the "Default Solution" only.

When I remove the Flow or App from my custom solution they continue to live in the "Default Solution". This behaviour is to be expected.

Two other things to note.

Flows - When I create a Flow outside of a solution it shows in "My Flows" in Power Automate. When I add it to a solution it no longer shows in "My Flows".

Canvas apps - When I create a Canvas App outside of a solution it shows in "Powerapps Studio". When I add it to a solution or remove it from a solution it still shows in the "Powerapps Studio".

So how did your Flow end up in the "Common Data Services Default Solution"?

Could this scenario have happened? 

The Flow was actually created within the "Common Data Services Default Solution", which will also make it show in the "Default Solution"?

It was then added to the custom solution you created.

So the Flow could be seen in three different solution. 

If I remove it from my custom solution it still shows in the "Common Data Services Default Solution".

If I remove it from "Common Data Services Default Solution" it still shows in the "Default Solution".

By doing the above is the only way I can get it to reproduce the behaviour your saw.

Thanks,

Garry

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,573)