cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cooper01
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Wrap selected items in combo box?

I have a combo box which allows multiple selections. Once there are mores selections than can fit width-wise, it changes from listing the items to showing the count of items selected:ComboBox.PNG

Ideally I would like to show all items selected, not the count. I tried to increase the height and that showed the same thing with the count of items, just taller - it does not wrap the selected items.

Does anyone know how I could handle showing each selection within the combo box? I also know I could show a label with all selections but this is not ideal.

2 REPLIES 2
WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @Cooper01 ,

There are no setting that will change the combo box behaviour. If the selections do not fit in the box, you will get an item count.

You could put a label underneath with 

Concat(
   ComboboxName.SelectedItems,
   Value & ","
)

NOTE Value may be different depending on the Items of the Combo Box.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Drrickryp
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @Cooper01 

Another option is to use the Combobox's Tooltip property to display the selected items.  In the example below, the combobox items are cities and the Tooltip property is Concat(ComboBox1.SelectedItems, city, ","). As you can see all of the cities are in the Tooltip when the cursor is placed over the combobox.  The advantage over using a label is that no real estate on the screen is used for tooltip_Screenshot 2020-12-02 202310.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (97,765)