cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Write Back to Excel DropDown Box Issue

Hi there

I'm very new to Powerapps and have been tasked with creating a form to enable writeback to DB. We currently have an sisue with our Gateway so for practicing purposes i'm writing back to an excel spreadsheet

The issue I am having is that within the form I created I removed one of the 'DateCard Values' and replaced it with a Dropdown box (selected from 'Input') I then added a new connection pointing to the spreadsheet that holds the info I want in the dropdown.  On testing in PowerApps and Power BI it works fine.

The problem is that when I refresh the spreadsheet, in that field that should show the name I selected in the dropdown box its returning a number and I cant find out why.

Hopefully this makes sense and I would be really gratefull if someone could help please. 

Thank you

Karen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Frequent Visitor

I have now fixed this issue so will mark as resolved.

Needed to change the 'items' to point to the table in question but also instead of inserting a new dropdown box i changed the 'control type' to 'allowed values' 🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Frequent Visitor

An additional bit of info. The dropdown box in question it is pointing to a different spreadsheet than the rest of the form. The drop down info is getting a list of name selections

Thank you

Karen

Frequent Visitor

I have now fixed this issue so will mark as resolved.

Needed to change the 'items' to point to the table in question but also instead of inserting a new dropdown box i changed the 'control type' to 'allowed values' 🙂

View solution in original post

Is that number part of the Columns in the table.

Also show the formula on the Items property of the Dropdown

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Frequent Visitor

Hi there

Thanks for taking the time to get back to me.

I managed to resolve the issue. I just needed to change the control type to Allowed Values instead of inserting a dropdown box and then I just needed to point 'ITEM' to the correct table name 😊

Once again thank you

Kind regards

Karen

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (12,580)