cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
satyakanth
Frequent Visitor

Write Back to SQL - Default screens

I have created app using Excel , I see 3 screens created Browse Screen, Details Screen and Edit Screen.

Similarly when i created with SharePoint, i can see all the 3 screens, but when created with SQL table, i see only only Browse screen and Details Screen. I have installed on premises gateway to connect with SQL. is it expected behavior. I tried edit screen, but didn't work .  How do I get the edit screen by default. Am is missing anything? Should I get a premium connector for this ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
timl
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @satyakanth 

This typically happens when you don't have a primary key on your table.

Can you confirm that you have a primary key defined on your table?

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Performing-CRUD-with-a-SQL-DB/td-p/417323 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
eka24
Super User III
Super User III

Two option:
1. Insert a button on one of the Screens (detail or Browse), the put EditForm(YourFormName). When you click, it should turn it  to edit. To go back, Use:
    NewForm(YourFormName) ---New entries or
   ViewForm(YourFormName) --for view

OR

2. For default Edit form. Duplicate one of the screens. Select the form and on the Defaultmode property change it to edit:
edit.JPG

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

timl
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @satyakanth 

This typically happens when you don't have a primary key on your table.

Can you confirm that you have a primary key defined on your table?

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Performing-CRUD-with-a-SQL-DB/td-p/417323 

View solution in original post

satyakanth
Frequent Visitor

Adding Primary Key helped me 

you made my day

satyakanth
Frequent Visitor

Created a column in the table and made it as primary key and it worked

Thanks for the solution

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (1,089)