cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Wrong Currency in User App

I have set the currency to £ using the Format Text ("[$-en-GB]£ 0.00") throughout the app, but whenever other users use it, it defaults to $. It shows correctly in my Powerapps/

Any ideas how to set it so that all users will get £?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @Madhead 

The difference occurs due to regional setting of logged in user. Can you try to update the expression to:

"£"&Text ("Value","[$-en-GB] 0.00")

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @Madhead 

The difference occurs due to regional setting of logged in user. Can you try to update the expression to:

"£"&Text ("Value","[$-en-GB] 0.00")

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

Super User II
Super User II

Please note that using the Text() function to format a string in currency is only creating a text value with the correct currency symbol and alphanumeric formatting for that particular currency. If you are putting the value into a string/text field, then all users will see the value as text.

However, if you are using CDS and currency fields, then this does not apply. That is a special field type which presents a numeric value in the currency that was used on the record itself. By default, every CDS environment has a base currency. Unless you add other currencies, every record will be created in that currency. If you have multiple, then it is user-based and is within their personal settings (if they changed from the default currency).

This is a good write up on the ins and outs of currency in CDS: https://readyxrm.blog/2020/02/05/guide-to-currencies-in-the-common-data-service/

Hi @yashag2255 ,

Thank you for quick response! 

That seems to work fine as a workaround. I'd like to know if there is any setting that I need to make in admin/ global settings to make all users in the environment have the GB currency setting? Is there any regional setting I can use?

Thank you @GarethPrisk - yes I understand that it is merely a text formatting. As we are UK based, our users get upset to see $ formatting!

We are using Sharepoint as our data source, but thank you for the link. Will take a look for when we move to CDS in the future.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (46,579)