Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Wrong language in People Picker Hint Text

Hi,

I have found a bug in my Canvas App. On some user's devices the hint text in the people picker field for SharePoint ist in German instead of English like the browser settings. It looks like it is random. Sometimes it works sometimes not... always the same browser. Does someone facing the same issue or can provide a workaround?

BR

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Wrong language in People Picker Hint Text

Hi @fs92 ,

Could you please share a bit more about your issue?

Do you mean that the Hint Text of the Person picker field in your Edit form display text value in wrong language?

Actually, the Language settings of your PowerApps is based on the Language settings of your browser and your local PC. Please make sure the Language settings of your browser and your local PC are both set to English.

In addition, please also check if you have typed proper English Text within the InputTextPlaceholder property of the Person Picker ComboBox.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Hi, the app is developed in Germany on a device with English settings as well English browser. On my device it looks good. The hint text says „find item“. On some user devices it changes sometimes. 
On two users in English speaking countries it is always the German hint text „suche Eintrag“. That makes no sense because the complete system is English as well as the browser. There is no German language installed.

I have also shared the power app with some users for testing. Some of them received a German invite and some the English version of the default Microsoft sharing mail for power apps.

Cheers

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @fs92 ,

Currently, I could not reproduce your issue on my side. If the data source used in your canvas app is a SP List, also please consider set the Language settings (Locale setting) of your SP Site to English, then re-publish your app, check if the issue solved.

If the issue still exists, please consider submit an assisted support ticket through the following link:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,173)