cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
agigliotti
Frequent Visitor

Wrong record displays in Form

Sometimes, when you select an entry in a Gallery which takes you to another screen with Form and Gallery controls where Item is set to Gallery.Selected, PowerApps will display the wrong record in the related controls.  My observation is that that a fraction of a second later it changes to the correct record, and this occurs on the 2nd time or more (not the first time you open the app).  In other words, you select a record, submit or cancel, go back to the gallery screen and select another record, and the previous record appears for a second or less (maybe more with a poor internet connection).   The issue might be related to the timing of the click/tap in the Gallery (has the screen fully refreshed).

Furthermore, users are complaining that they are getting to the point where they fill out the form, and the wrong record is updated (not sure how to verify this).

Any ideas on keeping this from happening?  One, never seeing the previous record for that short time, and two, keeping the wrong record from being updated (is this even possible?)

1 REPLY 1
PowerAddict
Super User
Super User

Have you tried using the ResetForm() function on the OnSelect of the gallery before navigating the user to the screen with the form? Does that help?

If nothing works, you can always add a loading page so the users don't see the previous record, but I would like to not have to resort to this option.

Let me know if this helps and we can take it further.

---
If you like this reply, please give kudos. And if this solves your problem, please accept this reply as the solution.

Thanks!
Hardit Bhatia
https://thepoweraddict.com

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (4,545)