cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Power Automate Staff audrieg
Power Automate Staff

Re: XLS Datasource on OneDrive - No Access for other people

FYI: I was able to repro the issue. I discovered a few interesting things...

Question: 

Can your users validate if they got this message (with your domain) when opening the app?

allow.PNG

Sometimes I'm getting this which I am able to resolve using the "Fix it" link - but I'm wondering if they are seeing that too:

fix it.PNG

You might want to try this and request screen shots from users....

I put a text box at the top of the app with the text property of: "Num Rows Connected: " & CountRows(xlTableName)

and I colored it red so it would standout out at the top of the app when the users ran it - that way we could ask them for screen shots.

When I run it, the row count is correct (6 items), but when my user (who I shared with like you did) jsand runs it, she gets "0" as shown below. Because of this, I am going to loop back with the partner advisors on this, and I will post an update as soon as possible.

connection.PNG

As you did, I also confirmed that jsand is able to edit the XL file manually using a link to the file.

editedbyjsand.PNG

Sorry for the delay in response.

Audrie

GerryWhitworth
Level: Powered On

My users get View Permission link.  

Here is the message I get when I open the project in the designer

Capture1.PNG

Notice that I can see the datasources in the excel spread

CaptureSeeDataSourcesInDesigner.PNG

This is what I see when I run the app

CaptureRunningNoData.PNGNo Data

Thanks

GerryWhitworth

The good news is that my co-worker can now see the data.

This is what I did.

Deleted all the templates in my OneDrive for Business.

Created App from Scratch

Shared App with him

Shared excel spread sheet and template {can edit} with him

Success!

Before, I shared the PowerApps folder

also

I had several templates with the same name minus the guid PowerApps appends to the name

Hope this helps

Gerry

Power Automate Staff audrieg
Power Automate Staff

AWESOME! So glad that this issue is resolved for you!
peterthegreat

Did anyone figure out what the actual cause was? We are experiencing the same error message, the same symptoms, and we have verified all of the accounts match and the access rights are in fact set up like this article. We had been performing the exact same troubleshooting, although I haven't had the guts to attempt a complete rebuild step yet. If there is something more targeted that we can attempt, I'd be willing to try rather than rebuilding the entire app.

Thanks 

GerryWhitworth

Hello Peter;

The people responding to this problem have went silent.  I am very disappointed with the level of support for OneDrive and the knowledge provided.

In the meantime I built the project using SharePoint as my datasource.  I store the image in Azure and a link to the image in my SharePoint list.  

Here is the article https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/custom-api-for-image-upload/

Good luck

Gerry

peterthegreat

Thanks Gerry. We have built multiple apps that successfully worked using connections to Tables within Excel files stored on OneDrive, and the ironic part of this is that we were now creating a much simpler app for a large showcase event that is designed to demonstrate the ease of PowerBI and PowerApps to many employees within the company. It seemed strange that something we have succefully been able to do in the past is now no longer working with no clear reason why. 

Highlighted
Superman

Hi, we are having the same issue.  I find that if the excel files are kept in the root directory of your one drive for business folder, other users will be able to ready the data no problems.  If the app requires data to be uploaded to excel, still only the owener can achieve this.  Other users get the write error (Screenshot in this thread).  I have moved my files over to drive for now but have submitted a ticket with microsoft.  FIngers crossed. 

It would be easier if we could connected to XL files that are stored on Sharepoint!!

JayFernback

Hello @GerryWhitworth,

Since you're the only person stating that you've used the custom api method succesfully for uploading photos, I gotta ask you, did you run into any issues while using this?

I have followed each and every step of the "How to upload images from the camera control to Azure blob storage" tutorial, but I keep failing to make it work. Up until "Test your API locally using the Microsoft Azure Storage Emulator" everything goes as expected... I get a response code 200 and everything, but right after I publish and test again, I keep getting a Response Code 500, with error message: "An error has occurred. Value cannot be null.\r\nParameter name: connectionString". Did this happen to you? Thanks!!

DHoxeng

It looks like this thread is dead, but I am having the same issue.  Is there a true fix for this, without rebuilding the entire app?

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,950)