cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Amrinder
Level: Power Up

XML in PowerApps?

Hello, my name is Amrinder. I am new to PowerApps. I tried testing it out. But still, I have a few questions regarding the use of PowerApps. But first, let me give you a insight of what the situation is. We have a customer that currently is generating checklists in Word, that gets generated by XML. They are now starting to work on Tablets, but working with checklists in Word (generated by XML) on a tablet isnt very handy. Also this isnt userfriendly. So we're looking at PowerApps, maybe that could replace Word on the Tablets. 

However, there are a few questions that are still unanswered. And i have no clues. Could you please help us out with this? 

1. Is it possible to use XML as datasource in PowerApps? 
2. What types of datasources does PowerApps work with? 
3. If its not possible, are there any other Microsoft products to generate checklists (created by XML) that work well on Tablets? 

Thank you in advance. 
1 REPLY 1

Re: XML in PowerApps?

Hello Amrinder,

For the moment, XML isn't supported as a datasource. Check directly on the powerapps app the available data sources (or you may find any useful info from the website)

You could work with excel files, sharepoint list, sql database or whatever else,

I don't know every products, i heard about "WunderList", and it can be plugged with PowerApps. You should maybe have a look to it ?

Matthieu Megaly

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,931)