cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SandraAkujobi
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

Yes/No field displaying a number

In my SharePoint list there is a column called travel which is a yes/no field. On the app on the detail screen instead of it displaying yes/no it displays true/false and a number beside which I don't quite understand. Is there a way to change it on the app to display just yes or no and no number. Below is an image of the detail screen (I've circled the issue). 

Screenshot (200).png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@SandraAkujobi 

That is correct.  It should show the same in your Gallery if the text is set to ThisItem.Travel.

Can you move the Gallery label to another location in the Gallery row template?  Does the number move with the label?

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@SandraAkujobi 

If it is just a yes/no column then it will only show true or false.  What is the Text property of your label?  And, do you possibly have another label next to this one?

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

@RandyHayes the text property of my label is ThisItem.Travel and there isn't any other label next to that one. 

@SandraAkujobi 

What is the Items property of your Gallery?

@RandyHayes  The Items property of my gallery is colPeriod, that's needed for the three buttons I have on top.

@SandraAkujobi 

So before dissecting what appears to be a collection, put a Label on your screen anywhere and set the Text to First(colPeriod).Travel

What does it show?

@RandyHayes  I just tried that and it actually worked, it displayed the chosen value with no numeric value next to it. Is that the correct method.

@SandraAkujobi 

That is correct.  It should show the same in your Gallery if the text is set to ThisItem.Travel.

Can you move the Gallery label to another location in the Gallery row template?  Does the number move with the label?

View solution in original post

@RandyHayes No the number doesn't move and I think I figured out the problem, there was another label below the travel label, so I've deleted now and it's works well. Thank you so much for the help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (2,715)