cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your flow was saved, but could not be enabled because it uses a combination of connectors which conflict with the company data loss prevention policies

Hi All - I'm trying to connect to file system to move file from one location to other location within the same network which is accessile via the gateway and i'm getting this error about "Your flow was saved, but could not be enabled because it uses a combination of connectors which conflict with the company data loss prevention policies" if i plug in trigger from either PowerApps or SharePoint. If i just do it on standby just to copy file, the flow works but not as a trigger and input. Any idea how this can addressed?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @ArunAnthony ,

Keep us posted as to how you get on with reviewing DLP Policies as per Krishna's advice.

We’re also working on improving the experience i.e. with regards to saving a flow that violates the company's DLP Policies.  The generic error message does not inform users of which connectors are responsible for the DLP Violation. The Generic Error Message while trying to save the flow - Your flow was created, but it is currently suspended since it uses a combination of connectors that conflict with the company data loss prevention policies or billing restrictions.

On the other hand, when we try to Activate the Flow (from flow properties page or flow list page), we get a much better Error message that provides the names of the Connectors responsible for the DLP Violation

Configured data policies prevent activation of flows which use the '{0}' and '{1}' connectors.

The Flow Definition in the response to the POST/PATCH call indicates that the Flow is suspended (state:Suspended) and the FlowClientSuspensionReason Code. It does not contain any metadata or Error message that includes the names of the Connectors responsible for the DLP violation.

For the START Operation (Flow Activation), the Error response message does contain metadata that gives us the names of the connectors that are responsible for the DLP violation. So we can display these in the Error Message ribbon.

New Expected Experience:

The RP should pipe through the names of the Connectors responsible for the DLP Violation in the response of the POST/PATCH Operation as well. The UX should then consume this and display the same message it displays for Activate Operation.

Cheers,

Allan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.  If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Thanks for the response! Thought so this is something within the organization policy, I tend to not reaching out to them cause they are pain in the butt to get the required approval

3 REPLIES 3
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @ArunAnthony ,

As the error shows it is an issue with DLP policy in your organization check with your Tenant admin and ask them to disable the DLP policy or you need to change the flow. This is not a default Flow behavior or error.

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to do it for my community.

Regards,
Krishna
If this post helps you give a 👍 and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more.

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to do it for my community.

Proud to be a Super User!

Regards,
KrishnaV
Business Applications MVP
Twitter | Linkedin | YouTube | GitHub
If this post helps you give a 👍 and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members / new members of the community.
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @ArunAnthony ,

Keep us posted as to how you get on with reviewing DLP Policies as per Krishna's advice.

We’re also working on improving the experience i.e. with regards to saving a flow that violates the company's DLP Policies.  The generic error message does not inform users of which connectors are responsible for the DLP Violation. The Generic Error Message while trying to save the flow - Your flow was created, but it is currently suspended since it uses a combination of connectors that conflict with the company data loss prevention policies or billing restrictions.

On the other hand, when we try to Activate the Flow (from flow properties page or flow list page), we get a much better Error message that provides the names of the Connectors responsible for the DLP Violation

Configured data policies prevent activation of flows which use the '{0}' and '{1}' connectors.

The Flow Definition in the response to the POST/PATCH call indicates that the Flow is suspended (state:Suspended) and the FlowClientSuspensionReason Code. It does not contain any metadata or Error message that includes the names of the Connectors responsible for the DLP violation.

For the START Operation (Flow Activation), the Error response message does contain metadata that gives us the names of the connectors that are responsible for the DLP violation. So we can display these in the Error Message ribbon.

New Expected Experience:

The RP should pipe through the names of the Connectors responsible for the DLP Violation in the response of the POST/PATCH Operation as well. The UX should then consume this and display the same message it displays for Activate Operation.

Cheers,

Allan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.  If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Thanks for the response! Thought so this is something within the organization policy, I tend to not reaching out to them cause they are pain in the butt to get the required approval

Helpful resources

Announcements
News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call- January

Mark your calendars and join us for the next Power Apps Community Call on January 20th, 8a PST

PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,291)