Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lliu_western
Resolver II
Resolver II

a text with hyperlink in Office365Outlook.SendEmailV2 function

Hello all,

I have a submit button once a user clicks on the submit button, it sends an email out. In the body of the e-mail, I would like to have a message of "Please review the request detail, Click link for details". 

And on the word for "link", I want it to be a hyperlink text but I am not too sure what I am doing wrong it just doesn't turn to a hyperlink text. Please help!

Below is the formula I have:

Office365Outlook.SendEmail(@SendTo,
//subject
"New Request Alert",
"Please review the request detail, 
'<a href='PowerAppsLink'>Click link for details</a>", {IsHtml: true}));

12 REPLIES 12

@WarrenBelz  Let's try this again.  Any idea why I'm getting the error on the https: within this statement.  If I copy this entire code and paste it somewhere and then click the link, it works perfectly.  However, within my PowerApp it has the Red X which renders it inoperable.  The error message says "name isn't valid - the identifier isn't recognized".  Thank you.  

2021-08-26_11-12-24.png

@CindyZ ,

This is an old closed link, but you need to understand syntax a bit on string code (for your own sanity) - what you need is

"Here is a link to this event <a href='https//apps.powerapps.com/play/b967256a-e5fc-4fe8-b64l-xxxxxx'>Click link for Details</a>"

You only need the & signs if you are inserting a non-static (field value or variable) - this applies to all strings, not just URLs. You simply need to enclose the URL in single quotes.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Warren, my apology for the delay and for using an old post.  I'm sorry -- but thanks! You're guidance really helped! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations 768x460.png

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

<
Users online (4,562)