Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lliu_western
Resolver II
Resolver II

a text with hyperlink in Office365Outlook.SendEmailV2 function

Hello all,

I have a submit button once a user clicks on the submit button, it sends an email out. In the body of the e-mail, I would like to have a message of "Please review the request detail, Click link for details". 

And on the word for "link", I want it to be a hyperlink text but I am not too sure what I am doing wrong it just doesn't turn to a hyperlink text. Please help!

Below is the formula I have:

Office365Outlook.SendEmail(@SendTo,
//subject
"New Request Alert",
"Please review the request detail, 
'<a href='PowerAppsLink'>Click link for details</a>", {IsHtml: true}));

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @lliu_western ,

You are close

Office365Outlook.SendEmailV2(
   @SendTo,
   "New Request Alert",
   "Please review the request detail <a href='" & PowerAppsLink & "'> Click link for details</a>"
)

Note the quotes are single-double the double-single

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Alex_10
Super User
Super User

What if you try:
Office365Outlook.SendEmail(
@SendTo,
"New Request Alert",
"Please review the request detail, Click <a href='YOUR_Powerapps_link'>link</a> for details",
{IsHtml: true}
);

Note: your link must start with https://

WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @lliu_western ,

You are close

Office365Outlook.SendEmailV2(
   @SendTo,
   "New Request Alert",
   "Please review the request detail <a href='" & PowerAppsLink & "'> Click link for details</a>"
)

Note the quotes are single-double the double-single

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Don’t think that will work since a href=“url” is the proper format for HTML. So using <a href=“ & Char(34) & PowerAppsLink & Char(34) & “>Click Link for details.”</a>”

Might be what you need.

But I could be wrong and html will work with single quotes. But if not that example should work if quotes are required ;).

@lliu_western 

Unless there is something I cannot see in your post, this is the syntax I use in dozens of HTML emails to embed links - let me know how it works for you.

Yeah your way is easier. Looked up apostrophes instead are accepted too! Wasn’t sure is why i suggested other alternative if not but for sure go with Warrens route 😉

@WarrenBelz 

thank you for your replied. It worked, but I just had to add a quotation mark around the link - just leaving it here just in case other user sees the post here and just copy the whole thing like I did and didn't add the quotation mark.

Using the method in this thread, I have successfully inserted a link in the body of the email from which the user can click and it opens the SharePoint site. However, I am trying to direct the user to a sub-folder in the document library and the link in the email shows the correct url, but if I cut and paste that in a browser window it comes out with %20 for all the blank spaces in the shared documents and sub-folder names. Can you advise on how to remove those? 

I got the url indicating a sub-folder in the doc library to work by using a combination of text creation using Concatenate of various text items including "https:" "//my domain....../sites/Shared%20Documents/".  Then I replaced the sub-folder name (one created from a user entry text field) using Substitute(myfoldername.text," ", "%20").  All of these are in one text field. Using this with the SendEmailV2:  Office365Outlook.SendEmailV2("myemail", "New File Receipt added", "Hello, a new receipt submitted by: " & User().FullName & " called: " & NameFile & " was added <a href= '"& SPSite &"'> Here </a>")  SPSite is the text field within which I concatenated above.  Hope this helps!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (4,012)