cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KaddaMuhli
Frequent Visitor

add Excel to SharePoint List via Power Automate: Date and text column and blank email addresses column is not displaying correctly

Hi all!

I have an Excel Query which I have added as a SharePoint list via a Flow so that I can connect it to Power Apps. The flow itself works fine but I'm having two issues:

1. I have a column in the Excel that has either a date or when there is no date, it displays text "Date is not applicable". In the SharePoint list I have added a multiple line column for that but once it is uploaded to SharePoint, the date only shows up in text format (e.g. 44969). Is there a way to tell SharePoint to recognize it as a date in the flow?
  2. In the Excel I also have a column with email addresses and added a "person or group" column in SharePoint and have added a data operation in my Flow. It doesn't work if I have blank cells for the e-mail addresses. How do I add a blank condition to the data operation for the people column (picture of the Flow is attached)?

As I'm relatively new to Power Automate and Power Apps, I appreciate any help!

Thank you and kind regards

Kadda

2 REPLIES 2
phipps0218
Super User
Super User

1. I have a column in the Excel that has either a date or when there is no date, it displays text "Date is not applicable". In the SharePoint list I have added a multiple line column for that but once it is uploaded to SharePoint, the date only shows up in text format (e.g. 44969). Is there a way to tell SharePoint to recognize it as a date in the flow? Yes format as date before adding to sharepoint and make sure the sharepoint column is of date or date and time format.
  2. In the Excel I also have a column with email addresses and added a "person or group" column in SharePoint and have added a data operation in my Flow. It doesn't work if I have blank cells for the e-mail addresses. How do I add a blank condition to the data operation for the people column (picture of the Flow is attached)? If email is blank what do you want to happen?

Please Accept as Solution if it solves your question. Or just give it a Thumbs Up if it is helpful because this can help others.

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/charlie-phipps-%F0%9F%91%A8%E2%80%8D%F0%9F%92%BB-91338715b/
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChmFBGU1YKIU91sNMQ7buGg
Twitter: https://twitter.com/phipps0218

Hi @phipps0218 

Thanks for the response already.

1. Sorry, I think I didn't explain my problem clear enough. I have a column in the Excel where the cells contain either a date or a text. I want this info displayed exactly the same in the SharePoint list and have used the column type "Multiple lines of text". When I trigger the Flow, the text from the Excel is displayed just fine but when there is a date in the Excel list, it doesn't display as a date in the SharePoint column, but only a number. Can I add a condition to my Flow that displays either a date or a text in the same SharePoint column? 
  2. If the email is blank, I want it to show that information in the SharePoint blank as well and just no name as the column doesn't require any information anyways. 

Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,571)