cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vitss
Advocate I
Advocate I

add attachement to SP List Item

I could use some advise with the use of the AddMediaButton (Add Image) to sent this media to an existing SP List Item.

The Button seems to work, as I can visualize in an Image 'Label'.

With an If expression I can start a flow that can find the specific SP item  want an effectively adds the image to the list.

If(IsBlank(LBLAddMediaButton_FileName.Text), true, FLOW.Run(TI_IdSPList.Text, AddMediaButton1.FileName, AddMediaButton1.Media)

The main problem is that the File is converted somewhere so the fileformat got corrupt. (33kB - 1kB also)

In Flow I used the method as seen in a video from Reza Dorrani (Upload files from PowerApps to SharePoint Document Library - YouTube) and f Reference John Liu's Blog.

Is someone in the possibility to advise me some tricks or workaround?

Thanks in advance     

3 REPLIES 3
NuttyPistons
Super User
Super User

You can use an Attachment Control from a form and parse out the file content as Base 64 to pass to Power Automate to then add the attachment to your list item. You'll have to put your base64 inside the 'base64ToBinary' function within your flow in order to work correctly in SharePoint.

Shane Young has a great video on it that explains it very clearly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QaiM8SeWfM&t=969s

@NuttyPistons Thanks for the useful link.

I tried the options and succeeded in implementing the mentioned variables with a similar outcome.

Even with the base64tobinary expression it dit not work.

I do confess I used the 'addpicture' feature instead of the attachement control. will check this out now.

For the moment there is no succes. keep you posted

Vitss
Advocate I
Advocate I

Unfortunately na succes because using blob storage is no option.

Any advise is welcome. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,045)