cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ElMeSaFeR Helper IV
Helper IV

add fields items from SQL table view mode

I'm connecting my App with SQL through gateway 

when I add fields to the App I notice all these fields in view mode !

it should me in edit mode and showing the textboxes that I have to use

Annotation 2020-05-22 152726.png

is it normal ? 

what is the best practice in my case ?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: add fields items from SQL table view mode

@ElMeSaFeR 

Please note: you cannot edit items in a form while using a SQL View.  It’s not possible in PowerApps because you are looking at a View not the table itself.

SQL Views are read-only!

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

Highlighted
mike528 Helper II
Helper II

@mdevaney  is correct. This is not a PowerApps constraint, just how SQL works. If you load data from a view and want to save it back, you can a) use Patch() to update the underlying table(s) or b) pass the updated data to a SQL stored procedure. I do a lot of this type of work in my PowerApps and typically don't use forms myself.

9 REPLIES 9
Super User
Super User

@ElMeSaFeR 

Did you add an Edit Form or a Display Form?  You should be adding and Edit Form.

After you added the Edit Form you need to unlock each Card one-by-one.  Its 100% normal.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

eka24 Community Champion
Community Champion

Insert two buttons on the form and OnSelect:

Button 1

Newform (YourFlowName)

Button 2

EditForm (YourFlowName)

After clicking on the button the form will change

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

ElMeSaFeR Helper IV
Helper IV

still same!
ElMeSaFeR Helper IV
Helper IV

of course edit form
and the default mode "New"
Super User
Super User

@ElMeSaFeR 

Did you try my idea?

---

Super User
Super User

@ElMeSaFeR 

Please note: you cannot edit items in a form while using a SQL View.  It’s not possible in PowerApps because you are looking at a View not the table itself.

SQL Views are read-only!

---

Highlighted
mike528 Helper II
Helper II

@mdevaney  is correct. This is not a PowerApps constraint, just how SQL works. If you load data from a view and want to save it back, you can a) use Patch() to update the underlying table(s) or b) pass the updated data to a SQL stored procedure. I do a lot of this type of work in my PowerApps and typically don't use forms myself.

ElMeSaFeR Helper IV
Helper IV

@mike528 

@mdevaney 

@eka24 

Thanks for all

that's mean I  have to edit all DataCards (maybe to create custom blank DataCards and add the inputs is better) then use Patch to fill the data into the SQL 

Super User
Super User

@ElMeSaFeR
Honestly, don't even bother with the form control in this instance.  Just place the controls on the Canvas directly and write a PATCH function

---

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,323)