cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

additional browse, detail, edit screens

Solution Desired: When I first create a new powerapp from existing data, my browse, detail and edit screens are all created from the data for me. Is there any way to add additional existing data to an app and have those browse, detail and edit screens, created for me?

Solution Attempt 1: I've added the additional data source to my application, I didn't see a way to create screens from that additional data source. I did, however, notice that I could duplicate an already existing screen. Is this the best way to go about adding screens for a new entity?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Jdivis,

PowerApps can automatically generate an app based on a data source that you specify with three screens, Browse Screen, Display screen, Edit screen. If you need to add another data source to the app, you may be asked to add several screens and build it by yourself.

This document about “Understand data forms in Microsoft PowerApps” could be a reference for you:
https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/tutorials/working-with-forms/

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Jdivis,

PowerApps can automatically generate an app based on a data source that you specify with three screens, Browse Screen, Display screen, Edit screen. If you need to add another data source to the app, you may be asked to add several screens and build it by yourself.

This document about “Understand data forms in Microsoft PowerApps” could be a reference for you:
https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/tutorials/working-with-forms/

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call? Check out the recording here!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (20,741)