Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
diegomarino
Level: Powered On

advice about plans

Hi 

i manage an entire branch of my company but i'm pretty indipendent (in fact my company just gives me logistics and some support, but i work in total indipendence)

now, i have to choose a plan for me and my associated, so i have to make an account (better is not linked to the company) and i have to share an app with him

what do you suggest to do? i looked at per user plan, but i'm not sure i can share my app

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: advice about plans

Hi @diego_marino , @diegomarino 

1) If your share the app with an account in another domian(tenant) then that account will be considered an external user to your tenant. You will need to associate a license for the external user

Office 365 Business Essentials includes PowerApps

Reference: - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/pricing-billing-skus

If you use SharePoint as a connector, then every user who uses the App will also need access to the SP site and a valid SharePoint online license

2) The per app plan allows the account whom the plan is assigned to, to have access to 2 PowerApps (canvas or model) (with premium connectors) and a portal (https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/introducing-powerapps-portals-powerful-low-code-websites-...)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @diegomarino 

As long as your account is within the same tenant where Apps are being built all you need is the Office 365 base license which covers PA and Flow

If your Apps,Flows use any premium connectors then you would need either the per app license or the per user license

Per app license limits you to 2 apps and 1 portal

Per user license grants you access to unlimited apps

If you are sharing apps with external users, you would have to associate a license for the external users

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

diego_marino

it's not an easy choise.

1) may i create an office tenant with a mail that's not with company domain? (ex. outlook). 

if i got the office365 essential should work right? and i can share this app with another mail? this mail should be linked to another office365?

Right now i use sharepoint as connector

2) the per app plan do not need a company mail, and what's a portal?

i was not able to share anything, i imagine cause i use the trial

sorry but it's a bit confusing, not easy to make the right choise

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @diego_marino , @diegomarino 

1) If your share the app with an account in another domian(tenant) then that account will be considered an external user to your tenant. You will need to associate a license for the external user

Office 365 Business Essentials includes PowerApps

Reference: - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/pricing-billing-skus

If you use SharePoint as a connector, then every user who uses the App will also need access to the SP site and a valid SharePoint online license

2) The per app plan allows the account whom the plan is assigned to, to have access to 2 PowerApps (canvas or model) (with premium connectors) and a portal (https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/introducing-powerapps-portals-powerful-low-code-websites-...)

View solution in original post

diegomarino

thanks, now it's more clear

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Coming Soon: T-Shirt Design Contest

Keep your eyes open for our upcoming T-shirt design contest!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,902)