cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

advice for moving from a sharepoint list to a sql table

I am working on a form application that retrieves data and stores it on a sharepoint list.
I have a flow which retrieves all the data (id, 'create by' and the version ...) from the sharepoint list then inserts them into a sql table.
Then I have a powerbi that connects to the list to create a dashboard.

I would like to stop using sharepoint and connect the application directly to the sql table so that powerbi can analyze the data more quickly.

Do you think, if I no longer use sharepoint and use a sql table:

- create a version of the entry?
- to display only the entries of the user present in the gallery of powerapps? (via the filter function maybe?)

or do you think it would be more useful to use CDS instead of SQL?

Thanks for your help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@Edvhdy 

There's not going to be much of a difference between SQL and CDS.  You can accomplish your goal with either one.  I would suggest you using whatever you are strongest with.

Moving to a different datasource will increase your costs though.  To use SQL or CDS its monthly cost is either $10 per app/per user $40 unlimited per user.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up." 

Highlighted

Thank you for your help. I'll stay on this method for now.

@Edvhdy 

Alright.  Please my first post as the solution if I answered your question to close the thread.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,459)