cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vfdd
Helper III
Helper III

advice on how to achieve highest value

I'm trying to figure out the best way to achieve the following or if it's even possible.

I have a sharepoint list with items and each item as a value score so the list looks something like this.

ItemScore
Item12
Item2 2
Item33
Item42
Item54

In the powerapp my  users pick items from the list through a combo box and they are concatenated and stored in a text field.

I want the highest score to be stored in a separate text box as I need to use it for something else.    So for example in the list above If they chose Item1 , Item2 and Item5  I would like "4" to be stored somewhere or if they chose Item1 and Item3 and Item4 then it would be "3" etc..

I'm thinking collection of somekind? I know how to get the scores and sum them but not sure how to get the highest one?  Any advice ?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rubin_boer
Super User
Super User

hi @vfdd you can achieve that with a collection indeed. add the function to the onselect property of the gallery:

OnSelect = (_GetMax,Gallery.Selected) and add a label with its text as Max(_GetMax,Value).  Or you can add to OnSelect = Set(_MaxVal,If(Value(Gallery.Selected.Value) > _MaxVal,Value(Gallery.Selected.Value),_MaxVal)) now set the text value of the label to _MaxVal

both will work

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TheSec
Helper I
Helper I

I haven't tried it yet, but there should be a MAX function that gives you the value directly by providing table and column.

If not just sort the table-column descending und get the first value with First().

If you struggle I might find some time to check this out.  

rubin_boer
Super User
Super User

hi @vfdd you can achieve that with a collection indeed. add the function to the onselect property of the gallery:

OnSelect = (_GetMax,Gallery.Selected) and add a label with its text as Max(_GetMax,Value).  Or you can add to OnSelect = Set(_MaxVal,If(Value(Gallery.Selected.Value) > _MaxVal,Value(Gallery.Selected.Value),_MaxVal)) now set the text value of the label to _MaxVal

both will work

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,390)