cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vfdd
Helper III
Helper III

advice on how to achieve highest value

I'm trying to figure out the best way to achieve the following or if it's even possible.

I have a sharepoint list with items and each item as a value score so the list looks something like this.

ItemScore
Item12
Item2 2
Item33
Item42
Item54

In the powerapp my  users pick items from the list through a combo box and they are concatenated and stored in a text field.

I want the highest score to be stored in a separate text box as I need to use it for something else.    So for example in the list above If they chose Item1 , Item2 and Item5  I would like "4" to be stored somewhere or if they chose Item1 and Item3 and Item4 then it would be "3" etc..

I'm thinking collection of somekind? I know how to get the scores and sum them but not sure how to get the highest one?  Any advice ?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rubin_boer
Super User
Super User

hi @vfdd you can achieve that with a collection indeed. add the function to the onselect property of the gallery:

OnSelect = (_GetMax,Gallery.Selected) and add a label with its text as Max(_GetMax,Value).  Or you can add to OnSelect = Set(_MaxVal,If(Value(Gallery.Selected.Value) > _MaxVal,Value(Gallery.Selected.Value),_MaxVal)) now set the text value of the label to _MaxVal

both will work

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TheSec
Helper I
Helper I

I haven't tried it yet, but there should be a MAX function that gives you the value directly by providing table and column.

If not just sort the table-column descending und get the first value with First().

If you struggle I might find some time to check this out.  

rubin_boer
Super User
Super User

hi @vfdd you can achieve that with a collection indeed. add the function to the onselect property of the gallery:

OnSelect = (_GetMax,Gallery.Selected) and add a label with its text as Max(_GetMax,Value).  Or you can add to OnSelect = Set(_MaxVal,If(Value(Gallery.Selected.Value) > _MaxVal,Value(Gallery.Selected.Value),_MaxVal)) now set the text value of the label to _MaxVal

both will work

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,388)