cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnjohn123
Level: Powered On

allow my list's create form (which is customized using power app) to support managed metadata field which allow multiple values

I have a custom list and this custom list has a managed metadata field which have a hierarchy in its terms + allow multiple values, as follow:-

121.png

Now when i create a power app's create form, the managed metadata field will be rendered as a drop-down without any hierarchy and without the ability to select multiple values. as follow:-

deal123.png

so can anyone advice if power apps allow us to have a managed metadata which have a hierarchy in its terms + allow multiple values?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Super User
Super User

Re: allow my list's create form (which is customized using power app) to support managed metadata field which allow multiple values

@johnjohn123 

Have you remembered to set the SelectMultiple property of the ComboBox to true?

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

johnjohn123

Re: allow my list's create form (which is customized using power app) to support managed metadata field which allow multiple values

no will try, but this should be done automatically?

Super User
Super User

@johnjohn123 

The SelectMultiple property is configured automatically based on what the datasource allows but I don't know how it behaves for maanged metadata.  Hence, the suggestion 🙂

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

johnjohn123

ok i changed the allow multiple property to true and i can select multiple terms. thanks..

but still the terms will be shown without any hierarchy inside the drop-down. unlike how i SharePoint built-in managed metadata works do you have any idea? also we can not show the terms selection dialog to select from., as follow:-

select.png

Super User
Super User

@johnjohn123 

The hierarchy is not going to work in PowerApps.  It will only work with flat data unfortunately.

---

Super User
Super User

@johnjohn123 

Did I answer your question?

---

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

New Badges

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,145)