cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper V
Helper V

alternative of sql server connector (sharepoint or excel)

Hello,

considering that, in powerapps, sql server connector is a premium connector, i am trying to search an alternative data source that is ever updated.

I am thinking two alternative:

1)sharepoint

2)excel online

Is it possible to realise a connection with this 2 tools, that are previous linked with a gateway on premise server ?

How could i do ?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @gennarodp ,

There are some Third Party connectors such as Layer 2 that may do the job, but with (at least) one Premium Power Automate Licence, you could set up some type of synchronization.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @gennarodp ,

Out of the two "free" choices - SharePoint wins on all counts. We run a significantly-sized operation on this and have had not issues as long as you structure your data correctly from the outset.

I do not fully understand your last question, but you would need to transfer your data to the new data source.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

hello @WarrenBelz , thank you for your answer.

My idea is to realise a bridge from sql server and powerapps.

The bridge in this case is sharepoint linked on my on premise data (sql server db).

This solution, make me indipendent from premium connector of powerapps, or no ?

Hi @gennarodp ,

There are some Third Party connectors such as Layer 2 that may do the job, but with (at least) one Premium Power Automate Licence, you could set up some type of synchronization.

View solution in original post

Thank you @WarrenBelz .

You are always very kind.

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (35,490)