cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yougan
Helper V
Helper V

app is showing error

After brining excel file one drive business to PowerApps, I don’t see data as expected instead giving below error. Please help where it went wrong, PFA. Thank u. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @yougan ,

Someone has the Excel file opened - it must be closed (only opened by Power Apps) to access the data.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @yougan ,

Someone has the Excel file opened - it must be closed (only opened by Power Apps) to access the data.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Hi Warren Belz,

Thank you for the prompt response. It worked. 

One question: I noticed when I do changes in the PowerApp it is reflecting in the excel from one drive as it is associated with it,  but if i change data/update in excel from one drive it is not reflecting in the Power app, why?

in case if it needs to be reflected in app what we need to do? 

Hi @yougan ,

If you use Excel as a data source (which is not the best solution if you have SharePoint available), then it really only should be used from Power Apps. This is particularly relevant if you are adding new records.

If you have SharePoint available, you can update in either and the changes are instantly reflected in the other.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,477)