cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sajarac
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

app locked for editing in another session

Hi there, every time when I try to open an app, I got  a pop up window that indicates "You already have ............locked for editing in another session, override or cancel.

Any idea?

21 REPLIES 21

UPDATE:

At the same time, PowerApps was having trouble signing me in to the Web client -- so I couldn't offer this earlier...but now it is opening!

I opened the web client and tried to edit the App:  same result, app locked for editing.

I clicked override and it looked like it was going to work -- then I got the following error:

WebAuthoring abnormal termination.
Client date/time: 2017-08-16T12:53:02.084Z
Version: 2.0.680 (v2.0.680.0)
Session ID: e85adefa-b147-66c8-f1a3-7f514cdeb640
description: {"error":{"isTrusted":true,"detail":{"exception":{}},"message":"Uncaught ReferenceError: Unable to process binding \"foreach: function (){return authResources }\"\nMessage: Unable to process binding \"style: function (){return { backgroundImage:iconUri} }\"\nMessage: iconUri is not defined","filename":"https://paaeuscdn.azureedge.net/v2.0.680.0/studio/openSource/modified/winjs/js/base.js?v=39e0dc0bb80... ReferenceError: Unable to process binding \"foreach: function (){return authResources }\"\nMessage: Unable to process binding \"style: function (){return { backgroundImage:iconUri} }\"\nMessage: iconUri is not defined","setPromise":"[function]","exception":{}}
stack: null
errorNumber: 0
errorMessage: Uncaught ReferenceError: Unable to process binding "foreach: function (){return authResources }"
Message: Unable to process binding "style: function (){return { backgroundImage:iconUri} }"

Help help!

mx
Advocate III
Advocate III

Is there any futher update on this bug ?

On 08-11-2017 I received an email from 'Karthik (PowerApps Staff)' stating 

"Sorry for the inconvenience. We have fixed this issue and this should roll out in 2.0.69x"

As of 08-22-2017, the issue remains.

I should note that his is occurring in the Browser version of the UI tool.

DatabaseMX ('mx')
Microsoft Access MVP

I was able to work around the issue by exporting my application, importing it and saving it over the current version.  This allowed me to begin editing my app again.

The fix / 2.0.69x is expected to be release around end of next week.

mx
Advocate III
Advocate III

Karthik

re"The fix / 2.0.69x is expected to be release around end of next week."

How do we tell the Version, both in the browser and studio versions ??

DatabaseMX ('mx')
Microsoft Access MVP

@NEPatton re"I was able to work around the issue by exporting my application, importing it and saving it over the current version.  This allowed me to begin editing my app again."

Could you give the steps to do this. Did you do this in the browser or desktop studio ?

I just click override, but it's still annoying ...

thx

DatabaseMX ('mx')
Microsoft Access MVP

For me, the problem was that PowerApps would crash if I clicked OverRide -- so there was no way to edit my App.

You can export through the web browser or through Studio...

1.  In the browser, go to Apps and click the "..." to the right of your App.  At the bottom of the list, choose Export. 

2.  You'll save a file to your local computer. 

3.  Next, go back to Apps in the browser.  Above your list of Apps on the right hand side, you'll see  "Import package (preview)".  Click this and follow the prompts - navigating back to the file you saved earlier. 

4.  When the imported project is opened in edit mode - Save As over the App that you originally exported.

Hope this helps!

Update 08-24-2017.

That procedure worked!

So ... I just have to remember and CLOSE each time.

Thanks again.

= ================================

Crashing ... wow.  

OK ... will try this. 

Appreciate the instructions.

thx

DatabaseMX ('mx')
Microsoft Access MVP

"The fix / 2.0.69x is expected to be release around end of next week."

*checks calendar*

"Expectations are a form of first-class truth: If people believe it, it's true." --Bill Gates

Maybe you guys didn't believe it hard enough. 🙂

Just to chime in from my end, I have always had this Session Locked pop-up no matter what combination I used. I can open the web editor and close and it just about always pops up saying I'm locked. I can open the app editor and close and open it back up and it still will say it's locked. I can open the app editor and close then go to web and it still says locked, or vice versa.

I've pretty much given up and just always assume it's going to think it's still open somewhere even though I clearly close it.

On a side note, if the editor crashes it usually doesn't say it's locked 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,862)