cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sajarac
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

app locked for editing in another session

Hi there, every time when I try to open an app, I got  a pop up window that indicates "You already have ............locked for editing in another session, override or cancel.

Any idea?

21 REPLIES 21
sajarac
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Juts in case:

Session ID: 54e8a63d-e75a-c8b6-88cd-34e8477b7e6d

Hello, do you also edit the same app in other PowerApps sessions (multiple WebAuth tabs or Web/Windows etc.)? Once you hit "Close" you can start editing the app in another session without seeing this error.

Thanks for your prompt reply, I did close but it continue showing the override window every time. maybe if I clear my web cache will solve this?

Thank you for reporting. We are investigating at the moment, and sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi there,

are there any updates on this issue? I am experiencing the same problem.

Thanks!

mx
Advocate III
Advocate III

I am having the exact same issue.

Each time I am careful to Close the current session.

DatabaseMX ('mx')
Microsoft Access MVP

Sorry for the inconvenience. We have fixed this issue and this should roll out in 2.0.69x

If you edit an app on the web, your session can (incorrectly) trigger another editing session causing the message. As a mitigation, can you please click Override and continue editing your app.

mx
Advocate III
Advocate III

OK ... so when is 2.0.69x going to roll out ... and how can I tell when it has actually happened ?

Yes ... I have been doing Override.

One other thing ... sort of related.  In the browser, I'm frequently getting 'You session is about to expire' ... and then "your session has expired'.  And BOOM.  It's been several months since I've worked with Power Apps, but now I'm full on again.  I thought this would have been fixed by now.  For what possible reason would a session need to Time Out?  And how can it be prevented ?

thx.Joe

DatabaseMX ('mx')
Microsoft Access MVP

I'm currently having this same issue with one of my Apps...

Sometimes, when I click "Edit" -- Powerapps will simply close completely.  Sometimes I get the prompt that it is locked for editting.  If I click "Override", Powerapps will close -- it does not allow me to edit.

Is there a work around to fix this in the short term so that I can begin editting again?

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,081)