cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Avocating
Regular Visitor

auto populate id, cc email column

I have an emergency task, is to create a account creation form(for internal company use).

I have few question.

1) There is one column "requester name", from this i would like to make auto populate, so when we type few letters that can auto populate the user from our data in sharepoint(or Microsoft)

2) There are two parts, i made an awful tablet version that not even close to look what i was required  

3. There is one more requirement i need to add a ccemail column, how would i do that, should i create a column from list first? Thanks!!!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Avocating 

Click on the word Title.  It will open the options menu for that column and you can change the required setting.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
mdevaney
Super User
Super User

@Avocating 

1. There is one column "requester name", from this i would like to make auto populate, so when we type few letters that can auto populate the user from our data in sharepoint(or Microsoft)

Make the requester name column in SharePoint a Person type.  Then when you create and Edit Form in Power Apps it will automatically make the 'person search' field for you.

2) There are two parts, i made an awful tablet version that not even close to look what i was required  

Not sure what help is required here.

3. There is one more requirement i need to add a ccemail column, how would i do that, should I create a column from list first? Thanks!!!!!

Is this to cc the person who will be receiving the account creation email?  You could define this in your app's OnStart property like this.

Set(varCcEmail, "itsupport@yourcompany.com")

Then you could make a reference to the variable when sending an email like this.  You must add the Outlook connector to use my code below.

Office365Outlook.SendEmailV2(
    "toEmailAddress@yourcompany.com",
    "Subject Line",
    "Message",
    {cc: varCcEmail}
)

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

hi,

Thanks for the reply,

when i create the list, i know i cannot delete title so i rename it to "first name", however when i click new on the sharepoint list the first name automatically became the first request field, may i know how can i move to the several columns below? thanks

@Avocating 

To make the 'First Name' field not required do this:

1.  Go the List Settings.

2.  Click on the First Name column

3.  Change the required setting to 'No'

4.  Save changes

---

hi,

I renamed "title" to first name, so when I went to list settings it still shows its "title" and I was not able to changed required settings to no.

@Avocating 

Click on the word Title.  It will open the options menu for that column and you can change the required setting.

---

Hi

Thank you very much!

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events that are happening this month - don't miss out!

Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,965)