cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arshad2
Helper I
Helper I

avoid delegation from multi person field

how can i avoid the delegation issue to filter the current user from the multi person column

arshad2_0-1659593649343.png

7 REPLIES 7
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @arshad2 ,

Can you please post all of that in Text.

AJ_vizMan
Helper V
Helper V

Hi @arshad2  - As i can understand, you are using User().Email to get the current user logged in App.

You can do one thing - on 'On Start' property of App use below 

Set(Myprofile, User().Email)

And now use 'Myprofile' instead of User.Email() in the formula you are using.

Check if it helps in avoiding delegation

@AJ_vizMan ,'

That will not help- User().Email is Delegable - the problem is the in Filter searching the multi-person field (which is not Delegable). It may be possible to do some pre-filtering if I have that code in Text.

hi @WarrenBelz ,

gallery1:

this is to filter the gallery with the status and current user:

arshad2_1-1659598451202.png

gallery2:

display upon selection of the gallery 1:

arshad2_2-1659598669047.png

is this what you are looking for?

@arshad2 ,

Actual Text (saves re-typing)

sorry about that:

If(ThisItem.Filter="All",ClearCollect(Applicants,Sort(Filter('Transport Applicants','Approved By'.Email=User().Email),ID,Descending)),ClearCollect(Applicants,Sort(Filter('Transport Applicants','Department Approval Status'.Value=ThisItem.Filter,'Approved By'.Email=User().Email),ID,Descending)));

If(ThisItem.Filter="All",ClearCollect(FinalApplicants,Filter('Transport Applicants',User().Email in 'Transport Approved By'.Email)),ClearCollect(FinalApplicants,Filter('Transport Applicants','Transport Approval Status'.Value=ThisItem.Filter,User().Email in 'Transport Approved By'.Email)));
ClearCollect(transappli, Applicants,FinalApplicants);

ClearCollect(transappli, Applicants,FinalApplicants);

If(IsEmpty(transappli),UpdateContext({NoData:"No Record Found"}),UpdateContext({NoData:""}));

@arshad2 ,

Actually no opportunity to "pre-filter" as one of the options is a single item (so you simply cannot do it).

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,616)