cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ntt56k4
Helper V
Helper V

backup and restore sharepoint list

I have a lot of sharepoint lists associated with my app so my question is how do you back up and restore sharepoint lists quickly and effectively? I googled but found no concrete way in backing up and restoring sharepoint lists. 

Thanks in advance

20 REPLIES 20

ok thanks will give that a try

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@TheRobRush 

I'm sure there is some way to enable it to the site.  I looked at this about 3 years ago and saw that all sites that were created through the Group or Team or other method did not have this feature.  When I searched around at the time there was not any good answer to have it.  It didn't impact me in any particular way, so I left it in the dust.

However, to this day, I do not see any lists that have this feature that were created with the above methods.  However, top level sites seem to.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

Added a photo of mine up on last reply haha, now you've seen it all man! Thanks for all the work you do for the community

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Like my answer? - Hit that Thumbs Up. Resolved the Issue? - Hit Accept as Solution.
This helps others find solutions to future issues!
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@TheRobRush 

Exposed...gives a rush at least! 😉

I do see now in looking at some of the newer articles out on the web that in general, enabling scripts on your site will give you this feature.

However...even going back to the original post by @ntt56k4 , if it is true backup and restore ability that you want then there are some options.  I found this article to be fairly explicit on options.

Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)

Excellent article, thank you

Like my answer? - Hit that Thumbs Up. Resolved the Issue? - Hit Accept as Solution.
ntt56k4
Helper V
Helper V

ok thanks for the info. Funny number on the first sentence..

ntt56k4_0-1622494546881.png

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@TheRobRush 

Yes...I did realize though as I read through it that it was a marketing document for the most part.  But, still some good info in it.

Haha yah, but not until the end, the leadup was the real meat & potatoes

@ntt56k4 

Yes - it's an unexpected Error!! 🤣

Well, if you click on that link in the article, that is what it shows.  The real link that should be in that article is this one.

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@ntt56k4 

How did this work out for you? Were you able to utilize the suggestions? If you're still having problems, feel free to post back. If not, then please review the answers to your post and mark one as a solution so that others who might be looking for similar solutions can find them quickly. Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (1,748)