cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advocate II
Advocate II

barcode scanner not working with code128

Works for an inventory scan testing project with PowerApps, with great help from this Forum, get most function works, thanks!!

with following functions not working or not work properly:

1. textinput.default=barcodescanner.text, textinput cannot be reset if text from scanner, but if I typed in that textinput box, reset function properly, seems if textinput bind with barcode scanner, then I cannot find way to reset textinput or barcode scanner

2. barcode scanner cannot work with code128. we have label with code 39, but some label with about 20 characters so we have to print in small font for code 39, so I downloaded free code128 font and print new label, but barcode scanner not working, if I switch back to code 39 to scan code39 barcode, apps work properly. Maybe need code128 from special vendor? If you know which code128 works, very appreciate if you can post here.

3. iPhone vs Andriod phone, as mentioned https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/make-barcode-scanning-apps-in-minutes/, iPhone has lower success rate when using PowerApps barcode scan function, especially apps almost take a minute to get livebarcodedetection to start function, and Andriod phone almost instantly ready to use. iPhone also require high quality and bigger barcode fonts to work with, Andriod phone is much better. Appreciate if you know how to get iPhone (Or which model iphone) works properly since we have iPhone in our company.

Thanks

Tom

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support
Community Support

Hi tomguan,

About #1, apologize for late response on another thread “InputText bind with Barcode scanner, Reset InputText not working”, I retest this issue again on my side, I am getting the same result when using the function I provided. I am still working on it to find if there is a function can be used to reset the barcode value.

About #2, I just test it, I can scan code 128 on my side, the code I used is from this documentation, please check it at the part “Barcode types supported”:
https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/make-barcode-scanning-apps-in-minutes/

About #3, I guess this PowerApps idea could be a reference for you:
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/Improve-barcode-scanning-capability/idi-p/25797

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Many thanks Mabel, got a lot of help from you to make my project nearly ready to deploy.

For #1, currently I will reset the Qty to 0 and evaluate Qty to make sure it's not 0 to control scanner reset and user will know scan already complete. If you can find way to solve that, please share with me, I can update my app. And hope Beep sound solution come out in near future. 🙂

For #2, I printed web page you referred and switch barcode type to Code128, but both my iphone and andriod phone won't work, any other setting need by adjusted?

#3, I vote for that also, and hope we have solution in near future, for now, I need discuss with our client to see if they can use get Andriod phone instead of iphone for this process.

Thanks again.

Tom

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,008)