Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rajkumar88
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

bigger issue now not knowing the limit. please suggest best solution

Hello Everyone,

I am using a PowerApp and a SharePoint list as an backend. I have several filters across my form.

Ex: 1. Filter(Employee,Lower('Created By'.Email)=Lower(userinfo))

2. Filter(Employee,
Lower(Manager.Email)=Lower(User().Email) &&
Switch(Radio7_1.Selected.Value,
"Completed", ManagerStatus.Value = "Completed",
"Pending", ManagerStatus.Value = "Pending",
false)
)

I go to know that here is a limit of 2k rows while using Filtering. Right now I have more than 2K rows in my list and it is more diffult to opne the App. I saw couple of blogs to grab it to a collection and filter from there. I am already mid way and users are using it.

Not sure how to overcome this situation exactly. Please suggest how to tweak above code.

3 REPLIES 3
v-yutliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rajkumar88 ,

Could you tell me your data source?

The 2000 record limit is about deldegation.

Here's a doc about delegation for your reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/delegation-overview

If you want to avoid the effect of deldegation, you need to use delegable data source and delegable functions.

These three data source is delegable: (you could click it to see its delegable functions,different data source have different delegable functions)

What's more, do not forget to change the non-delegable limit(up to 2000):

Filte->app settings->advanced settings7124.PNG

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yutliu-msft,

My data source is SharePoint list and I have already changed non-delegable limit(up to 2000).

And if we use SHarePoint list as an data source then Filtering will not work properly and I believe we need to break down the Filter in a different way?

As per firts post, do I ened to change the filter and make it collections first and then filter out of it?

or Microsoft-PowerApps still support more than 2k limit?

Hi @rajkumar88 ,

Firstly, PowerApps supports more than 2k limit.

However, PowerApps could only deal with at most 2K records locally, the others need to be delegabled to data source to be dealt with. So, if your records is lager than 2K, you need to use delegable functions and delegable data source to make sure the app perform well. Or else, PowerApps will only deal with 2K records which will affect the app's performance.

So, I suggest you modify your Filter formula. Change all elements to delegable functions.

Here's a doc about delegable functions of sharepoint list:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/sharepointonline/

Also, the ways of using collection can also be used. It is because that collection do not have the problem of delegation.However, one collection can save 2K records at most. So, if you use this way, you need to save records to collction everey 2K records.

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,310)