Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

bing maps key needed?

Hi,

just forking the sitelocator template and i'm asking myself if i should get my own bing maps key or should i go with the one included in the demo template.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Hi Julien,

The template we has is to showcase how you can call the Bing Maps public API directly. It's recommended that you get and use your own key. Once you obtain the key, replace it with the one in the template and it should work normally.

Thanks,

Linh

litran@MSFT

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Julien,

Templates are quick ways to create Apps that use connected data source, you could choose the right template and create an App from an template to meet your needs.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted

the question is when you take the template it comes with a bing key in the formula, so :

1. should i go and stay with this one ? Looks like a generi one from microsoft team.
  2. or change it and use one that would belongs to me.
Highlighted

Hi Julien,

The template we has is to showcase how you can call the Bing Maps public API directly. It's recommended that you get and use your own key. Once you obtain the key, replace it with the one in the template and it should work normally.

Thanks,

Linh

litran@MSFT

View solution in original post

Highlighted

I get my own keys but when I share my app to another person within my organization, they cannot see the map image.

(I'm referencing the "Site Inspection" app)

What is the problem ?

Highlighted

I have created a powerapp with my own bing maps api key but when I publish and share with my organization they cannot open the app it asks them to sign into bing maps and asks for the api key.

How can I share this app?  isnt the key stored inside the powerapp?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,804)