cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kfesenko
Level: Powered On

blue dot with filter on second list and no results

I'm just getting my fet wet in PowerApps and it looks like there is some potential for it to be really awesome. However doing certain things has been completely aggrivating.

I have two Sharepoint Lists. One called TBL_Locations, and one called TBL_Assets. The Assets table has over 600 items in it, while the Locations list only has about 80. I exported these tables from Access after setting them up the way I wanted, with having a 1 to many relationship from field LocationID in TBL_Locations to the LocationID field in TBL_Assets (which sets up that column as a lookup in sharepoint)

I created my app from the Locations list, using the standard Gallery layout. Then proceeded to add another gallery to the details screen. All I want to do is have the gallery show the assets for the location selected on the first screen underneath the location's information.

I can successfully get it to show all assets (or at least 500 of them) but so far haven't been able to get it to filter out the specific items that I want. Here's the function I'm using:

Filter(TBL_Assets, LocationID.Id = Gallery_Locations.Selected.ID)

According to the Microsoft docs, Sharepoint Lists, Filter, and = should all play nicely with delegation and be evaluated remotely, but this does not appear to be working. I get no results and a blue dot stating "part of the forula can't be evalutated remotely due to service limitations"

Any help is appreciated, I have tried searching the forums and can't seem to find exactly what I need.

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: blue dot with filter on second list and no results

Hi Kfesenko,

This tutorial shows how you can connect two SharePoint lists with lookup fields. 

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/tutorials/sharepoint-lookup-fields/

Also, refer to below article to see if this helps:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Forum/Filter-Data-Between-2-SharePoint-List/td-p/16303

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
kfesenko
Level: Powered On

Re: blue dot with filter on second list and no results

Appreciate the answer, but these don't exactly answer my question. My lists are already linked properly, and I am able to get data from the second list based on an option from the first one.

I believe the problem is that PowerApps does not support delegation with lookup fields though this does not seem to be properly documented anywhere. Wasted a lot of time trying to figure that out. I've copied all the values into a new column just as numbers and now filtering with delegation are working as expected.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,232)