I don't know if this is the right board to post my question/issue, please feel free to comment on that.
Please bare in mind I'm a novice in coding, so forgive my lack of knowledge 😉
I'm trying to get the the book a room App but there seems to be some time conversion bugging the outcome.
The app shows available rooms while they're occupied. It seems the app is 1 hr behind on our local time.
From what I understand, the App transforms local time to UTC, while I live in GMT+1. Is my statement correct and does the App convert local time to UTC? And if so, how can I change the code so the App uses GMT+1?
If I'm correct, the conversion is set by the button "ButtonNoMeeting" where the variable "StartDateTimeUTC" and "EndDateTimeUTC" are set. how can I modify bothe varaibles so the GMT+1 is used?
Set(StartDateTimeUTC; Text(DateAdd(StartDateTime; TimeZoneOffset(); Minutes); "[$-en-US]yyyy-mm-ddThh:mm") & ":00.000Z");;
Set(EndDateTimeUTC; Text(DateAdd(EndDateTime; TimeZoneOffset(); Minutes); "[$-en-US]yyyy-mm-ddThh:mm") & ":00.000Z");;
Set(StartDateTimeUTC; Text(DateAdd(StartDateTime; TimeZoneOffset()+60; Minutes); "[$-en-US]yyyy-mm-ddThh:mm") & ":00.000Z");; Set(EndDateTimeUTC; Text(DateAdd(EndDateTime; TimeZoneOffset()+60; Minutes); "[$-en-US]yyyy-mm-ddThh:mm") & ":00.000Z");;
See if doing this would make any difference.
Thank you for your reply. I suspect something's wrong with our time settings in the O365/exchange online tenant.
Without the TimeZoneOffset()+60 param, when the book a room app checks for available rooms, it's 1 hour off, however... if I book the room, the booking time is correct in the room and in my own calendar.
with the TimeZoneOffset()+60 param, when the book a room app checks for available rooms, the application returns the free rooms at the selected time, however... if I book the room, the booking time is 1 hor off in the room and in my own calendar.
So there's a discrepancy in the get and post metohod's timing. I'm stuck at the moment...
It's kinda late but maybe this will help someone.
I've ran into the exact same bug. The problem was that i tested the application while on Ubuntu Linux. I was stuck for hours, until i got the ideea to test it on Windows and it worked fine.
The bug seems to only be on Linux. Android, iOS and Windows work for me.
Has anyone found a solution for this? adding +60 corrects the time in the automatic confirmation email for the meeting rooms but then places the calendar invite an hour ahead of the scheduled time?
i.e. I book a room for at 11am, without +60, the meeting room appears at 10am
with the +60
i.e. i book a room for 11am and it appears at 12pm?
Is it a setting that needs to be changed in the app or somewhere else?
I have a very similar issue:
I'm in the UK so time is currently UTC + 00:00, the booking app clearly works in UTC, I send the appointment as per original code. The booking request shows in the user calendar with outlook properties (calendar) set as our time zone so show correctly in calendar view. But when you open up the appointment, it shows 1 hour different (-1) with UTC as time zone. If I manually switch outlook time zone in the appointment (which on drop down shows as +00:00) I still get -1 hour showing on the appointment. Is that because the original appointment is in UTC and a bug won't let me show it in the outlook appointment at the correct time, or; do i alter the app at the point of sending the appointment to alter the time zone, secondly alter the app all the way through as the first idea won't work if it's not right all the way through?!
The coder sets StartDateTimeUTC and EndDateTimeUTC (their own variables to set a UTC timezone). These both use the built-in TimeZoneOffset function in a DateAdd function. If you place your cursor on TimeZoneOffset, you'll see the number of minutes they're deducting from the current time, to create his StartDateTimeUTC.
The easiest way to fix this for your own timezone, without messing up all their code and having to find all instances of StartDateTimeUTC/EndDateTimeUTC, is to remove the DateAdd part of the function that creates the time offset.
Replace the 2 lines of code where they Set Start & EndDateTimeUTC with:
Set(StartDateTimeUTC, Text(StartDateTime, "[$-en-US]yyyy-mm-ddThh:mm") & ":00.000Z");
Set(EndDateTimeUTC, Text(EndDateTime, "[$-en-US]yyyy-mm-ddThh:mm") & ":00.000Z");