cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Questionasking
Helper III
Helper III

bulk change a forms datacards and their datacardvalues size and positions at once

Hi,

I have a feeling its a no, but is there a way to bulk change a forms datacard and their datacardvalues size and positions all at once?

or do i have to select each datacardvalue and labels at once?

it just takes a hell of alot of time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @Questionasking ,

Strangely I just answered exactly the same question on this post.

There is no "magic bullet" on this unfortunately if you have not done the preparation for it first.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @Questionasking ,

Strangely I just answered exactly the same question on this post.

There is no "magic bullet" on this unfortunately if you have not done the preparation for it first.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @Questionasking ,

Just checking if you got the result you were looking for on this thread. Happy to help further if not.

There is something of "bug" you can exploit to select the majority of the datacard items in a form (just text inputs and their key labels). Change the form from horizontal to vertical and press the undo button 😉 However it only saves you time on a few things, Height for example is unable to change this way without moving the items height and breaking the default height function first.

When you talk about variables, your talking about Set({varHeight: 100}) right and then selecting each datacardvalue individually clicking the height function and replacing with varHeight right? or do you have a way to create a variable to change the height of each datacard somehow without selecting each one individually>?

i have a form with a 130 datacardvalues that need to have their heights changed as i have a rather unique look i need to use (not just for aesthetics it also serves a purpose). I use the trick above and then manually change the heights and add another label and do a few other changes that are unable to be changed when you select them all.

@Questionasking ,

Yes that is what the link from @mdevaney 's blog suggested and you are correct that it is limited.

Also your Option 1 is correct - you either use Components and set the data values etc or do what I do and set Variables at App OnStart (Colors in particular for colors, fill, hover elements, pressed, focused, chevron & icons etc, Font Type Size and Weight, Heights) to name a few then apply them as I build the app. I also do a lot of "dynamic" Height/Width/X/Y elements relating to other controls.

Makes modifying anything very simple.

Hi @Questionasking ,

Just checking if you got the result you were looking for on this thread. Happy to help further if not.

Haha yeah sorry about that i was working so i skimmed read it and didn't click on the link. Cheers for that link and reply 🙂

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (4,962)