cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gidrone_NS
Level: Powered On

calculating time in Gallery and SubGallery

Hi,

I have one screen with two Gallery (Gallery and SubGallery), the first gal. is for tacking process and second for tasks. I need to calculate spend time on all task and sum time (in minutes) for all my tasks in selected Process gallery. All date source are SharePoint and I have Created field in both list. All task have same datatime of created and predefined order. When I mark as a checked the task I saved results from Now() in Finished field. I need to calculate time from field Created and field Finished in subGallery for all finished task, and sum time for main Gallery.

I try many diferent scenario but I don't success. Please help me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: calculating time in Gallery and SubGallery

Hi @Gidrone_NS,

Do you want to sum the spend time on all tasks in a selected Process in Process Gallery?

Based on the needs that you provided, I agree with @Drrickryp's thought almost. I think the DateDiff function could achieve your needs.

I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:8.JPG

Set the Text property of the Label control to following:

Sum(BrowseGallery1.AllItems, DateDiff(Created, Finished, Minutes))

On your side, you should type the following:

Sum(YourTasksGallery.AllItems, DateDiff(Created, Finished, Minutes)) /* <- Finished represents the Finished field in your SP list*/

In addition, if you only want to sum the spend time for all finished tasks, please take a try with the following article:

Sum(
Filter(YourTasksGallery.AllItems, Finished <> Blank()), /* <- Finished represents the Finished field in your SP list */
DateDiff(Created, Finished, Minutes)
)

More details about the Sum function and DateDiff function in PowerApps, please check the following article:

Sum function

DateDiff function

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

Hi @Gidrone_NS,

You would use the Datediff() function for the time calculations. The syntax is

DateDiff( StartDateTime, EndDateTime [, Units ] )

• StartDateTime - Required. Starting date/time value.
  • EndDateTime - Required. Ending date/time value.
  • Units - Optional. The type of Units to add: Milliseconds, Seconds, Minutes, Hours, Days, Months, Quarters, or Years. If not specified, Days are used.

To get the sum from the subgallery you would use the Sum() in a label in the gallery with the datasource as the Items property of the subgallery and the formula for the time calculation separated by a comma.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Gidrone_NS,

Do you want to sum the spend time on all tasks in a selected Process in Process Gallery?

Based on the needs that you provided, I agree with @Drrickryp's thought almost. I think the DateDiff function could achieve your needs.

I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:8.JPG

Set the Text property of the Label control to following:

Sum(BrowseGallery1.AllItems, DateDiff(Created, Finished, Minutes))

On your side, you should type the following:

Sum(YourTasksGallery.AllItems, DateDiff(Created, Finished, Minutes)) /* <- Finished represents the Finished field in your SP list*/

In addition, if you only want to sum the spend time for all finished tasks, please take a try with the following article:

Sum(
Filter(YourTasksGallery.AllItems, Finished <> Blank()), /* <- Finished represents the Finished field in your SP list */
DateDiff(Created, Finished, Minutes)
)

More details about the Sum function and DateDiff function in PowerApps, please check the following article:

Sum function

DateDiff function

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Gidrone_NS
Level: Powered On

Thank you guys for help,

I need to explain little bit more…. First, I have Process (main gallery) and all Processes have DIFERENT number of Tasks (SubGallery), second, when I checked one task as finished, next Task need to have start date-time same as end date-time of previous task (serial Process not parallel), third, i need to write Process duration (duration of all tasks) to sp list, not to calculate “in fly” because i need it for report (chart,…). In SharePoint I have two list: ProcesZaKlijenta (sorrey for Serbian name) which they have ID, IDProcess, Trajanje (duration), BrojKoraka (Num of task),… Second list KoraciZaProcesZaKlijenta which they have ID, IDProcesZaKlijenta, VremePocetaka (start date and time), VremeZavrsetka (End date and time), Trajao (duration),…

Finaly, all of above need to be on one screen and user only need to check which task is finished. Nothing else… no go from one screen to another and similar.

My the first problem is how to know Start Date&time of next task because all number of record in subGallery is different?

Second, How to Patch in both list in one action if I need to first patch only half of all field, patch different fields in another list based on patched field on previous list, ….

This is my code of check control in subGalery (OnCheck):

UpdateContext({_KzPzK: Patch(KoraciZaProcesZaKlijenta,ThisItem,{
    Zavrsen: true,
    VremeZavrsetka:Now(),
    VremePocetka:GalleryProcesZaKlijenta.Selected.PoslednjeVremePocetka,
    Trajao: DateDiff(GalleryProcesZaKlijenta.Selected.PoslednjeVremePocetka, Now(), Minutes)
    })
});
UpdateContext({_statusProcesa:If(GalleryProcesZaKlijenta.Selected.TrenutniKorak<>GalleryProcesZaKlijenta.Selected.UkupnoKoraka,"Pokrenut","Zavrsen")});
UpdateContext({_trajanje: GalleryProcesZaKlijenta.Selected.Trajanje});

Patch(ProcesZaKlijenta,GalleryProcesZaKlijenta.Selected,{
    Trajanje: _trajanje + _KzPzK.Trajao,
    PoslednjeVremePocetka:_KzPzK.VremeZavrsetka,
    TrenutniKorak:ThisItem.KzPzK_Redosled+1,
});

After all, i have problem with SharePoint latancy (i need to write to SP list and in next step in same action I need to use field from this list for paching another sp list). I don't want comment complete mess with dates and time format in diferent time zones Smiley Happy

If you have suggestion on my code, please be free to share with me... I am relativly new to PA.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,614)