cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RusselThomas
Microsoft
Microsoft

calendargetitems behaviour

I'm getting the same odd behaviour from my Office365 connector for outlook, using both CalendarGetItems and V2CalendarGetItems.

It seems like only the first meeting of a recurring meeting set is returned - meaning if I scheduled a recurring meeting every day, and the initial invite went out six months ago, I won't see the invite on today's schedule, only on the day it was initially scheduled six months ago.

Can anyone else confirm this or perhaps advise if I should be looking at a different function/filter?

I need to enumerate all meetings for the current day, whether recurring or not.

Kind regards,

RT

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-micsh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RusselThomas,

Thanks for the feedback.

The symptom is true that only the first of the Recurrency could be returned by the:

CalendarGetItems (or CalendarGetItemsV2) function.

If you would like to get the other recurrence of the day other than the first day, then you should take use of the function below:

Office365.GetEventsCalendarViewV2 (CalendarId, Start, end).value

As the document states:

"

This operation gets all events (including instances of recurrences) in a calendar.

"

Reference:

Office 365 Outlook

Please note that for the other created item, you would still need to take use of hte CalendarGetItems fucntion.

More information:

"

• Instances of a recurring series are abbreviated and contain only the Start and End properties. You can capture the remainder of the occurrence event information from the recurring master event. See Event resource for reference information.

"

Source.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-micsh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RusselThomas,

Thanks for the feedback.

The symptom is true that only the first of the Recurrency could be returned by the:

CalendarGetItems (or CalendarGetItemsV2) function.

If you would like to get the other recurrence of the day other than the first day, then you should take use of the function below:

Office365.GetEventsCalendarViewV2 (CalendarId, Start, end).value

As the document states:

"

This operation gets all events (including instances of recurrences) in a calendar.

"

Reference:

Office 365 Outlook

Please note that for the other created item, you would still need to take use of hte CalendarGetItems fucntion.

More information:

"

• Instances of a recurring series are abbreviated and contain only the Start and End properties. You can capture the remainder of the occurrence event information from the recurring master event. See Event resource for reference information.

"

Source.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Power Apps Community Call Jan. 2022 768x460.png

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, January 19th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,778)