cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Justin
Level: Powered On

can not add new data in Powerapp after remvoe the data via the excel online

I created a budget tracker APP via Microsoft template ,  then it generate a excel in my one drive . Then I edit the data via online,

changed the CategoryName column and don't touch the data in the _PowerAppsId_ column (attached the screenshot) , then  I close the app and open again, found the data was removed successfully, but I can not add new data in it, will show below error.

Your colleauge linhtran  shared this to me before , but can not work (https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Forum/can-not-add-new-data-in-Powerapp-after-remvoe-th... , hope you can test it before reply this question, if make sure no problem, hope sometone can guide me step by step, as waste too much time on it, thanks.

2016-11-03 09_58_26-BudgetTracker_66929ac1-2cd7-a3ff-d37e-25bc2514e5c3 - OneDrive.png2016-11-03 10_07_28-data.xlsx.png2016-11-03 10_08_08-data.xlsx.png2016-11-03 10_07_43-data.xlsx.png2016-11-03 10_08_16-data.xlsx.png2016-11-03 10_08_27-data.xlsx.png

Then show this error

2016-11-03 10_12_22-liangju-w10 - Remote Desktop Connection.png

2016-11-03 10_15_16-liangju-w10 - Remote Desktop Connection.png

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: can not add new data in Powerapp after remvoe the data via the excel online

Hi Justin,

I just followed the steps that Linhtran suggested in your another similar thread:
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Forum/can-not-add-new-data-in-Powerapp-after-remvoe-th...

Following is my steps for a reference:
1.Create an App from template, save Excel file to OneDrive.
2.Open the Excel file in OneDrive, delete all rows in Budgets, Expenses, Receipts, ExpenseByCategory. In the Categories sheet, I just add “Hotel” the same with you. Please check the screenshot as bellow.

Budgets.PNGCategories.PNG

3.Then save the file and reopen the App. I can edit the App and save data to the Excel file with no error.
Budget tracker.PNGAdd expense.PNG

Please try again with this issue to see if it works for you now.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
OOCL_Justin
Level: Powered On

Just followed your instruction and tested again, still not work , firstly , the performance is bad, very slow when download the app and run the app,

Secondly, the new budget cannot show out after I add a new budget. Do you need me share desktop to you to show the problem?

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi Justin,

I test it again with the same steps, it works, except the issue that the pie chart cannot be shown on the App.

Have you updated your PowerApps to the latest version? What’s your OS? After you add a new budget, can you check the record in the Excel file?

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,461)